Part 13 - A Love Story - Scene 9 - Friday

Originally written and posted on written on 5/13/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 9 – Friday – 5/13/2024

When Cooper pulled into Jane's driveway, they sat in silence, the tension thick between them. Jane remained in the backseat, making no move to leave.

"What does Brittany have plan for me?" Jane finally asked, meeting Cooper's gaze as he turned in his seat.

"I don't know," Cooper admitted. "She'll probably jump you the first chance she gets on the first day back to school. I'd suggest missing a few days after the break, maybe the whole week to be safe."

Jane nodded, tears welling up in her eyes again.

"Ja–"

"Don't ever talk to me again." Jane cut him off, opening the car door and slamming it behind her. She jogged up the path to her front door, her hands shaking as she fished her keys out of her backpack. She unlocked the front door and rushed inside, slamming it shut behind her.

She sank to the ground and started to cry again, the weight of everything crashing down on her all at once.