Part 6 - The Choice - Scene 9 - Friday

Originally written and posted on written on 4/5/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 9 – Friday – 4/5/2024

It was well after 9 pm when Jane emerged from the shower, her skin wrinkled and clean. Still in a haze, she pulled on her pajamas and made her way to the couch. As she sat down, a sharp breath escaped her lips; her inner thighs and center throbbed. She considered grabbing an icepack from the freezer but opted instead for one of her mother's muscle relaxers, hoping it would lull her to sleep.

Curled on her side beneath her favorite blanket, she mindlessly flipped through channels, the mages on the screen blurring into one another.

Her thoughts drifted back to the cabin and the nightmare with Cooper. He had overpowered her, stealing her virginity and threatening her life. He raped her and promised to kill her, but he hadn't followed through with the second part. She wanted to call her parents, beg them to come home or buy her a ticket to go stay with them, but she knew she couldn't. If they found out, they'd never let her stay home alone again. She'd lose every bit of freedom she had, and she couldn't handle that. It would drive her insane.

The idea of calling the cops was absurd. What could she tell them? That she had willingly gone with someone who torments her at school to a secluded cabin? They'd laugh at her. Hell, even she would laugh at her own stupidity. They'd tell her it was her own fault. But what would her parents say? Would they also think she deserved it? Jane swiped at her eyes, deciding that she couldn't tell anyone.

She couldn't involve the police. They'd question why she was home alone, and that could lead to even more trouble, not just for her, but for her parents. Then, her parents wouldn't let her out of their sight ever again.

She believed she deserved what Cooper had done to her. The thought echoed in her mind as she blinked back hot tears, though even she knew it was a lie. She was tired of crying, her cheeks burning every time she wiped them dry. A wince escaped her lips when her elbow jabbed her side.

Cooper had cut her, but not deeply enough for stiches. Washing the blood off in the shower, she realized it was a bit worse than a paper cut but nothing life-threatening. She smeared Neosporin over the wound and taped a folded paper towel over it, lacking proper gauze or bandages.

She staired at the TV, not absorbing any of it as the muscle relaxer began to take effect. She yawned, grateful that sleep would soon claim her. She wanted the night to be over. Rubbing her cheek and ear against her shoulder, she swore she could still hear him moaning her name.

No matter what she did, she couldn't shake him from her mind or body. The familiar weight returned to her chest, making it hard to breath. Panic sparked, growing into a flame. She shook her head and took a deep breath. It was over; she didn't have to worry anymore. Yet the flame ignited her nerves, and anxiety seized her lungs, squeezing them tight.

The phone rang, jolting her upright. She hissed at the sharp pain in her side. It was him. He said he would call, and now it was a little after 10:30 pm. He had also told her to pick up the phone, or he would come to her.

Jane sat frozen on the couch, clutching the blanket in her lap, her eyes glued to the kitchen phone. Her heart skipped with every ring, each one a jolt of fear. She prayed he would hang up and forgot about her. After ten rings, the phone finally went silent.

Her anxiety worsened in the ensuing silence, dreading the next ring. She lay back down and flipped the channel. Scream was starting, and Drew Barrymore's character was just picking up the phone. "What's your favorite scary movie?" the caller asked. It was fiction, but Jane's fear was all too real. Would Cooper's behavior escalate to that level of? She didn't want to find out.

The muscle relaxer made her drowsy, and soon she dozed off, just as Drew's character met her gruesome end. In her dreams, she was back at the cabin. Cooper hadn't raped her; he hadn't hurt her at all.

Instead, he had kissed her, and she had responded, sliding her hand up his thigh. Cooper had to teach her how to kiss, her first time ever. They fell back against the cushions, mouths needy, hands exploring over clothes. He pulled back, and when he opened his mouth, the sound of the phone ringing blared out.

Jane flinched awake to the kitchen phone ringing again. She pulled a couch pillow over her face and screamed, "Leave me alone!" Tears welled up behind her eyes. She couldn't take it anymore.

The phone kept ringing. She glanced at the clock; it was a well after 11 pm. She listened to it ring, staring at it in the darkness of the living room, the TV casting shifting colors over the room.

She pulled herself to her feet, dropping the pillow, and moved to the phone. Before she could stop herself, she picked up the receiver and held it to her ear without saying a word.

The line was silent, then Cooper spoke, "Come outside." The phone went dead.

Jane dropped the receiver, and it clanged against the floor as she ran to the front door. She checked the locks, making sure they were secure. Glancing out the peephole, she saw the porch was empty.

For good measure, she dragged a chair from the dining table across the living room and lodged the back underneath the handle.

Jane went to the living room window and pulled the curtains aside just enough to see Cooper's car parked in front of her house. She stumbled back, hitting the coffee table with the backs of her calves, before sprinting into the hallway and into her bedroom. She locked the door and jamming her desk chair underneath the handle, thinking it would keep him out. Then she saw the blinds and realized the window was a vulnerability.

She yanked her comforter off her bed, grabbed a pillow and her cellphone, and hurried into her walk-in closet. She returned to dislodge the chair from her bedroom door and dragged it into the closet behind her. She wedged it under the handle and sank to the floor at the back of the closet, pulling the blanket up to her chest as fear overtook her and she succumbed to tears.

He had come back for her, and she hadn't listened to him. Was he here to finish what he started? Jane sat paralyzed in the dark, consumed by the fear that he come to kill her.