Part 10 - A Love Story - Scene 2 - Tuesday

Originally written and posted on written on 4/22/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 2 – Tuesday – 4/22/2024

Jane stood in front of the bathroom Cooper had followed her into. A sheet of notebook paper stuck to the door with bubble gum proclaimed, "Out of Order" in black sharpie. She pushed against the door, expecting it to be locked, but it opened easily.

Cooper stood at the sink, wetting clumps of toilet paper and pressing them to his mouth. He looked up as she entered. "Why do you have blood on you face?"

"Tyler's." Jane moved to the sink beside him. Cooper quickly locked the door behind her. She let her backpack drop to the floor, staring at herself in the mirror in shock.

A large red handprint covered the lower half of her face, fingers smeared over her mouth and cheeks.

"I'm sorry about what Tyler said back there." Cooper came up behind her, nearly a head taller than she was.

Jane's eyes shifted from her reflection to his. Both of their eyes were glossy and red. Had he been crying? Maybe it was the pain from the fight, the loss of his friendship with Tyler?

She reached for a paper towel, but the dispenser was empty.

"Let me clean you up." He gently turned her to face him and lifted onto the small counter.

Cooper turned on the water, dampening his fingers before carefully rubbing her cheek, then over her lips and chin. He rinsed his hand and repeated the process on her other cheek.

Jane closed her eyes as his thumb traced her bottom lip, tears slipping down her cheeks.

When she opened her eyes, they could only stare at each other. Seconds stretched into a minute.

"Janey." Cooper swallowed, breaking eye contact as he ran his fingers under the water.

Before she could stop herself, Jane leaned forward and kissed him, careful to avoid his hurt lip. What started as innocent quickly turned urgent. When Cooper pressed his tongue between her lips, she welcomed him, following his lead.

Between kisses, as Jane's head tilted to a different angle, Cooper murmured, "Just like that, Janey." His praise set her nerves on fire. A hint of blood touched her tongue as Cooper deepened the kiss, becoming more playful until she pulled back with a laugh.

"What's so funny?" he whispered against her mouth, his lips grazing her jaw, then moving lower to her neck.

"The cabin," Jane breathed, her words turning into a light moan as his teeth grazed her skin.

"You want me to take you to the cabin after school?" Cooper guessed.

Jane shook her head. "Now." she pulled back to meet his eyes. "Take me there now."

"You want to ditch the whole day?" Cooper frowned, searching her face.

Jane nodded.

"Are you sure you want this?" Cooper's eyes locked onto hers, a ghost of a smile on his lips.

Jane nodded again. "I want it."