Part 12 - A Love Story - Scene 5 - Thursday

Originally written and posted on written on 5/1/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 5 – Thursday – 5/1/2024

Jane shut down the rational side of her brain that screamed for her to run, to avoid the cabin at all costs. But without the keys, she was trapped and at their mercy.

Cooper was the first to exit the car, the slam of the door making Jane flinch. She wrapped her fingers around the handle and, counting to three, pushed the door open. As she stepped into the quiet clearing, the over whelming urge to flee hit her hard.

Standing stiffly next to the car, Jane's thoughts raced. The idea of entering the cabin, knowing Tyler had a gun, filled her with dread. Something was off. Why would Tyler be here? And why did he need a gun?

Cooper took a step forward, but when Jane didn't follow, he turned back to her. "It's time to go inside, Jane."

Jane shook her head and took a step back. "I can't," she murmured, worrying her bottom lip between her teeth.

Cooper extended his hand. "Take my hand and trust me."

Jane scanned the clearing and the surrounding trees. Where could she run? She had no idea where she was? The memory of her first day at the cabin, where Cooper had told her no one would hear her scream, flashed back. They could kill her, and no one would know.

"Jane, don't run." Cooper slipped his hand into hers, lacing their fingers together. "Trust me. It's not what you think." He tugged her gently toward the stairs.

She turned, ready to bolt down the road they came in on, but Cooper's grip tightened, holding her in place. He guided her up the stairs, across the porch, and past the cabin's threshold.

The door slammed shut behind them, making Jane yelp. She was shoved hard, stumbling forward into a wooden table and crashing to the floor.

When she turned, Tyler loomed over her, arms fold, his face a mask of apathy.

"You wouldn't be trying to leave already, would you, Mutt? The party's just getting started." Tyler nudged her thigh with the toe of his combat boot.

"Tyler, don't," Cooper growled.

Tyler pulled the gun from the back of his camo pants and aimed it at Jane's face. "I think it's about damn time you start sharing your toys," Tyler sneered. "Then again, as an only child, maybe you never learned how."

Jane sat frozen on the ground; her eyes fixed on the gun.

"Jane, get up," Cooper said.

"Mutt, stay down," Tyler commanded, "though I'd prefer you on your knees."

"Tyler!" Cooper took a step forward.

Tyler shifted his aim toward Cooper. "You're being a selfish cunt, Coop, keeping Mutt all to yourself. I've shared mine–"

"Brittany was mine first, you idiot," Cooper spat.

"But we both know she likes me more," Tyler retorted, dripping with sarcasm.

"You can have her," Cooper said coldly. "I've been trying to get rid of her."

"Oh, I'll take her off your hands, set her straight," Tyler replied, then pointed the gun back at Cooper. "But I still want a taste of Mutt. I need to see what keeps you so occupied, Coop."