Part 12 - A Love Story - Scene 1 - Thursday

Originally written and posted on written on 4/30/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 1 – Thursday – 4/30/2024

The next day, Jane stepped off the school bus with a renewed sense of self-worth. Despite her soreness, she walked into school with her head held high, aiming for the main corridor towards her locker. She halted as she noticed a group of students laughing further down the row of lockers, near her own. Anxiety pricked at her nerves as she glanced around, expecting one of her bullies to appear. She forced herself to move forward.

When Jane reached the edge of the crowd, she stood on tiptoes to see what everyone was laughing at. Her breath caught in her throat. Her underwear was tapped to her locker, the crotch soaked in dried blood that wasn't hers. Above it, in dark sharpie, were the words "Virgin Whore."

Jane elbowed her way through the crowd, enduring their taunts and laughter.

"Is that your locker?" "Yo, this is the funniest shit I've seen all week!" "Damn who the fuck did you piss off." "Sucks to be you." "Is that Jane from 5th period?"

A much bigger crowd had gathered, their comments and laugher pushing Jane towards a breaking point. She reached her locker, desperate to ignore them all.

Jane couldn't bear to face her peers. She turned the dial of her combination lock, praying it would open on the first try. It didn't. Nor the second. On the third attempt, the lock clicked open.

"Move it!" Brittany shouted from the back of the crowd. "Get the fuck out of my way, losers."

Tyler's voice followed close behind. "Holy shit, man," he howled with laugher. "Coop did it! I can't believe he fuckin' did it, man. See, Britt, I told you he wasn't flipping on us." His voice drew nearer, punctuated by the sound of high fives before Cooper leaned against the locker next to Jane's.

Jane kept her focus on her locker, her hand trembling as she tried to block out the chaos around her.

"Thought you'd want your granny panties back," Cooper said, staring at Jane, waiting for her reaction, hoping for her humiliation.

Jane ignored him. Despite her cheeks and tear-filled eyes, she refused to give him the satisfaction. She pulled her math textbook from her locker and shoved it into her backpack.

Tyler leaned against the lockers on her other side, hidden behind her locker door. "Jane, don't you know it's rude not to say thank you when someone leaves you a gift?" He moved to throw his arm around her shoulders, but she ducked out of the way and slammed her locker shut.

"I think you made her angry," Cooper said.

The underwear remained taped to her locker door. She willed herself to tear it down, but she knew that's what they wanted–to see her admit defeat and hide her shame.

"Jane–" Cooper started. She turned to leave, but Tyler sidestepped in front of her, blocking her path.

Jane glared up at him in stubborn silence.

"So, how about I take you to the cabin?" Tyler reached for her arm, but she batted it away.

"Fuck. You," Jane spat, the collective gasp of the crowd making her want to laugh out loud.

Tyler stepped closer, his joy slipping into a mask of hatred. "You're going to regret saying that, Mutt."

Jane pushed past him and elbowed her way through the crowd before hurring away.