Part 9 - A Love Story - Scene 2 - Monday

Originally written and posted on written on 4/16/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 2 – Monday – 4/16/2024

Jane officially gave up hiding from her bullies; the stress and worry was starting to wear her down. There was no point in hiding anymore because, eventually, they would find her here, there, or elsewhere on campus. And if they didn't find her there, they all knew where she lived. Her torment didn't stop at the final bell of the day. It followed her home. She didn't dare look at her social media accounts, fearing she'd find a group or page dedicated to trashing her. She admitted this last worry was a bit of a stretch, but she didn't put anything past them.

As Jane slipped her math textbook into her locker and grabbed her English binder, Cooper slid in next to her. He leaned in, close enough to whisper, "Meet me under the bleachers at lunch.

Then he was off again, heading farther down the corridor, shouting, "Don't be a drag."

Her cheeks heated with embarrassment when he winked at her. But there was something else blooming in her chest, something she had never felt before. Cooper wanted to see her. That thought, no matter how twisted, made Jane smile. Her eyes stayed on his back until he disappeared around a corner. What would happen if she didn't meet him? Would he come looking for her instead? A part of her wanted that to happen.

The warning bell rang, causing a surge of students heading in all directions to avoid being marked tardy. Jane stuffed her binder into her backpack, eyeing the silver package of her forgotten breakfast, then slammed her locker shut and headed in the opposite direction.