Part 15 - A New Beginning - Scene 2 - Two Years Later

Originally written and posted on written on 5/17/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 1 – A New Beginning - Two Years Later - Edgewood University In North Carolina – 5/17/2024

Jane weaved through the crowded mansion, the thumping rap music reverberating in her ears as she clutched a Sharpie. So far, she had managed to collect six signatures. The guys had been cooperative, asking where she wanted them to sign and mentioning their frat house names. She opted for convenience, externing her forearm each time, creating a list of signatures there.

As the night progressed and the drinks kept flowing, the atmosphere shifted. The guys grew bolder, demanding to sign the inside of her thigh or insisted she lift her top to expose her stomach or back. On the stairs, one guy her take her sandal off so he could sign the bottom of her foot. Balancing on one wobbly leg, she fell backward against the steps as he yanked her foot into the air. She giggled and jerked it back as the sharpie glided over her sole. Once finished, he capped the marker and tossed it to her, leaving her alone on the steps.

Eventually, with the help of beer and tequila shots, Jane found herself laughing and letting go of control. She stopped caring where they signed, caught up in the chaotic fun of the night.

One guy signed the back of her neck, murmuring in her ear about finding somewhere more private if she wanted. She shook her head and pushed through the mass of dancing bodies, seeking out Rachel. She spotted her friend with her shorts pulled down, exposing one cheek for a signature, before pulling them back up and noticing Jane.

A guy with biceps the size of her head walked past, and Jane stopped him. He eyed her up and down for a few seconds before she mustered the nerve to speak.

"Ask me what my name is," she shouted over the music, but he shook his head, unable to hear her. She shoved her Polaroid camera toward Rachel, telling her to be ready for the shot. Leaning into the guy, her mouth crashing against his cheek before sliding toward his ear. "Ask me my name and see what happens," she said, pulling back and smiling up at him, biting her lower lip playfully.

"What's you name?" he bellowed over the music. Jane threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing him. He kissed her back, turning the innocent peck into a full-blown make-out session as he backed her up against the couch.

When he finally let her up for air, Rachel held the developing Polaroid photo, shaking it. Jane slipped away from the guy, already forgetting his face as she looked at the picture. She wrote on the bottom: "Asked me my name." Then she shoved the picture into her back pocket with the others she'd been collecting.

A hand gripped her upper arm, spinning her around. "Want to go upstairs and continue whatever this is?" He pulled her toward the stairs, but Jane yanked her arm free, stumbling backward.

"Can't," she shouted over the music, holding up her paper. "I need to finish this."

He waved her off. "Fuckin' tease." Then he disappeared into the hallway.

Jane grabbed Rachel's hand. "Let's go upstairs!" she shouted, pulling Rachel along as she stormed up the stairs, pushing past everyone in their way. She grabbed the first doorknob she could reach and turned. It was locked. She moved to the next one–also locked.

"Rach!" Jane called. "Try those doors. There has to be one that isn't locked."

The girls split up, each trying doorknobs, but they were all locked. Finally, the last door on the left turned in Jane's hand. She quickly waved Rachel over, and they stumbled inside, turning on the light.