Part 14 - The Aftermath - Scene 14 - After The Attack

Originally written and posted on written on 5/16/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 14 – After The Attack– 5/16/2024

In the days following the incident, Jane watched her family crumble. Her dad wouldn't talk to her, wouldn't even look at her without contempt and disgust. Her mom, on the other hand, remained her typical passive-aggressive self, with an added edge.

At dinner one night, Jane sat at the table, pushing her fork around her plate, picking at her peas without appetite.

No one spoke or acknowledged each other as the tension in the air grew heavier with every minute. The sound of knives and forks scraping plates filled the silence.

Jane forced herself to speak. "I want an abortion."

Her dad slammed his hand down on the table, shaking everything on it and making both Jane and her mom flinch.

"It's murder." He glared at her. "You want to be a whore and a murder?"

Her mom stabbed her fork into her steak, roughly jerking the knife through it. "What are people at church going to think?"

"They're going to have a field day with this." Her dad took a sip of his wine. "We'll be labeled terrible parents, and they'll start pushing us out like they did the Clarks."

"Then I won't go to church," Jane said, thinking that would solve the problem.

"You won't be going anywhere. You're grounded until you have that bastard." Her Dad's voice was cold. "That's all they'll see it as." He took another sip and glanced at Jane. "Who's the father? Still haven't told us."

"It doesn't matter."

"Doesn't matter?" He gave a sarcastic laugh. "The father doesn't matter."

"He moved and changed his number." It was a half-truth but good enough for her. "There's no way I could even contact him."

"You'll have the baby and put it up for adoption," her mom cut in. "It would be the best choice for everyone."

"I want an abortion." Jane's eyes glossed over. "I don't want to be pregnant. I don't want to have a baby."

Her dad slammed his hand against the table again, making them jump. "You should have thought of that before you let some guy fuck you!"

Jane's mom gasped. "Phil!"

"It's the truth, and you know it! If she would have kept her damn legs shut, none of this would be happening." He pushed his plate away. "What else have you been lying about?"

"Nothing." It was another lie, but if her parents hadn't seen the tape by now, Jane thought she was in the clear.

"How could you be so stupid, Jane?" her dad spat out.

"I'm sorry." Jane couldn't hold back the tears any longer. She pushed her chair back, left the table, and ran to her bedroom.

Jane threw herself on her bed, buried her face into her pillow, and scream as loudly as she could before succumbing to her tears.