Part 13 - A Love Story - Scene 1 - Friday

Originally written and posted on written on 5/12/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 1 – Friday – 5/12/2024

Jane woke up exhausted, her body aching for more sleep. She grabbed her phone, but there were no messages from Cooper. Her heart sank as she threw herself into her morning routine.

As she walked tp her first-period class, her replayed the worries from last night. Was Cooper okay? Was this just a misunderstanding? She had asked him to break up with Brittany–maybe he was upset.

The final day before winter break loomed ahead. Jane scanned the halls, but Cooper was nowhere to be found. The absence gnawed at her.

Each class felt interminable. Jane struggled to focus on her exams, her mind constantly drifting back to their conversation. Something had happened; she could feel it.

Five minutes before the final bell, her phone pinged. Her heart leaped as she pulled it from her backpack. It was Cooper.

Cooper: "Meet me behind the bleachers."

A wave of relief and nervous excitement washed over her, her chest tightening and her cheek flushing. He was okay. She would see him soon, spend the rest of the day and night together.

The bell rang, signaling the start of winter vacation. Students flooded the hallways, rushing toward the exists. Jane pushed through the throng, her heart pounding as she made her way to the bleachers.

Jane beelined for the nearest stairwell, rushing down the stairs in record time. She burst into the main corridor, heading towards the back of the school. Pushing through the doors, she emerged into the late morning sunshine, her breath visible in the cold air.

She reached the bleachers and was abruptly pulled into the shadows.

"Janey–" Cooper began, but she silenced him with a kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. She didn't want words to spoil the moment; she just wanted to be with him and live in the moment.

Cooper backed her against the ticket booth, the cinderblocks cold and rough against her back. His hands tangled in her hair, his body pressing into hers.

"Take me to the cabin and love me," Jane whispered between kisses.

Cooper pulled back, his eyes searching hers as they caught their breath.

"Let me love you," he replied, extending his hand. She laced her fingers through his, and he led her out into the open.

Jane felt like she was soaring. Cooper held her hand in public, unashamed, as they passed everyone on their way to his car. Heads turned, brows furrowed in confusion, and whispers followed them.

He wasn't embarrassed to be seen with her anymore, or so she thought. All her unease melted away as they reached his car, replaced by a bliss so intense she never wanted it to end.