Part 9 - A Love Story - Scene 9 - Monday

Originally written and posted on written on 4/19/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 9 – Monday – 4/19/2024

By the time Cooper pulled up to the curb in front of Jane's house, darkness had fully settled. The living room lights were on.

"Your parents back yet?" Cooper asked, his hands slipping from the steering wheel.

Jane shook her head.

"You're going quiet on me already?" Cooper chuckled, shifting the topic. "Let me see your phone." He held out his hand expectingly.

Jane dug it out of her backpack and handed it over.

"Your passcode is still your student number, right?" His fingers danced over the screen, and seconds later, his phone lit up in the cup holder between them. "You should pick a harder password."

Jane reached for her phone, but he pulled it away.

"I saved my number under the name Holden." His fingers moved swiftly, a grin spreading across his face as he met Jane's gaze. "You kept it." He turned the screen toward Jane, her eyes widening. She lunched for the phone, but he held it out of reach.

"I'll give it back if you promise to do something for me." Cooper taunted, the picture of him glowing on her screen.

Jane made another grab for it and failed.

"Wear a skirt tomorrow." He tossed the phone to her, and she fumbled to catch it, then slipped it back into her bag.

Jane pushed opened the passenger door and started to get out, but Cooper's hand caught her arm. "You won't regret it, Janey."