Part 13 - A Love Story - Scene 7 - Friday

Originally written and posted on written on 5/13/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 7 – Friday – 5/13/2024

Jane wiped her cheeks and forced herself to her feet as Cooper continued to cry. She picked up her jacket, steeling herself emotionally. All she wanted was to run to him and forget everything that just happened, but anger coursed through her veins. She had been tricked into loving him, and he hadn't cared about hurting her. It was all a lie. How long had this been planned? From the very beginning?

Cooper suddenly stood, and in the next second, the phone in his hand flew across the room, shattering the window opposite him. "Fuck!" he bellowed, his hands going to the back of his head. His features crumpled as another sob ripped through him, and he kicked out, upending the coffee table with an angry roar that echoed in the room and rang in Jane's ears.

He took a hesitant step toward her. "Jane–"

"Don't." Jane stepped backward, hitting the table and topping the candle. "It was all planned from the start, wasn't it?" she demanded. "You tricked me, you lied to me."

He took another step. "Let me–"

"No." Jane's anger mixed with her sadness, extinguishing any remaining happiness. "None of it was real was it?"

"It was. I mean, it is real, and I tried telling you so many times." He closed the distance between them. "Everything I told you today was real. I love–"

Jane slapped him. "Don't say it." Her eyes filled with fresh tears, and she forced herself to speak through them, "You made me–" She couldn't finish.

In two strides, she was at the door, pulling it open, but Cooper grabbed her upper arm. "Janey, listen."

Jane yanked her arm free and stumbled back against the wall. "You lied to me," she shouted. "Again. You made me fall in love with you, and it was all a joke! How–" A sob tore through her as she pushed him away. "How could you do that to me?"

She stormed out of the cabin, across the porch, and down the stairs, coming to an abrupt halt. She glanced around the clearing and the towering trees surrounding her, then back up at the cabin, where Cooper stood in the doorway, looking defeated.

"Just take me home, Cooper," Jane said, her breath hitching in her throat. "I don't want to be here anymore."