Part 13 - A Love Story - Scene 4 - Friday

Originally written and posted on written on 5/13/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 4 – Friday – 5/13/2024

Jane savored the moment, licking Cooper's hand clean, finger by finger, kissing him in between to share her taste. Cooper leaned his head back against the seat and sighed against her lips. "I'm so fucking hard right now it almost hurts," he said with a laugh. "You always manage to do that to me."

Jane cupped his face. "Take me to the cabin and make love to me."

Before she was fully off his lap, Cooper had the door open and was back in the driver's seat, starting the car and swinging onto the main highway toward the first turn-off.

Instead of crawling back to the front, Jane lay across the back seat with a heavy breath. She drew her legs, staring at the ceiling, her eyes fixated on a small, perfectly round burn in the fabric, like a cigarette mark.

Reality hit Jane hard, forcing her to acknowledge the truth. Her eyes misted over, shimmering as she remembered telling him she loved him. He hadn't said it back. But her feelings were real. She did love him, or so she thought, often caughting herself daydreaming about a life beyond of high school with him. She imagined their dates, how her parents might grudgingly approve of him, even thought she knew they wouldn't. Mostly, she dreamed of them being together when Cooper left for college, visiting him and experience college life early, or him coming home and spending days and nights locked in the cabin, making up for lost time.

Yes, Jane believed she was madly, truly, and deeply in love with Cooper. But why did it feel like her chest was hollowed out and empty? She blinked, casting tears from the corners of her eyes. They slid, disappearing into her hairline as Cooper made the first turn onto the main dirt road.

Cooper hadn't said it back.