Part 14 - The Aftermath - Scene 1 - Saturday

Originally written and posted on written on 5/14/2024 posted on 5/19/2024

Please Note: This first draft is subject to change upon official publication, including the addition of never-before-read scenes. If you enjoyed this chapter, please show your support by liking and following me for more smutty dark romance featuring all the controversial elements readers love—or love to hate.

Scene 1 – Saturday – 5/14/2024

The video was posted across all social media platforms almost immediately, then slowly spread to a few popular adult content sites, falsely claiming Jane was of legal age. But the internet doesn't care about legalities when there's pussy to be eaten and dicks to be ridden. In a twisted sense, Jane had achieved what most craved: she had gone viral, but for all the wrong reasons.      

To say Jane was mortified would be the understatement of the year. Fueled only by anxiety and caffeine, she sat at her desk with her laptop, constantly refreshing her screen for updates. The video was being passed around, shared, and commented on. The comment sections were ruthless, ridiculing her, dissecting her flaws, and labeling her with every synonym for whore, while others expressed their eagerness to be the next in line.

A few comments defending her renewed her faith in humanity, calling for the video to be taken down and shaming those who shared it. But the worst was still to come. By midnight on Friday, Jane had an influx of friend requests from people at her high school or other nearby schools. Her inbox was flooded with messages, some asking if she was really the girl in the video, others shaming her in private, saying her parents must be so disappointed her and to kill herself.

By Saturday night, Jane had deleted all her social media accounts. She hadn't eaten or slept since the video was uploaded, too consumed by reading strangers' opinions on the internet. Her anxiety peaked that night, and as she tossed and turned, thoughts of ending it all thundered through her mind. She had the means, but did she have the courage? The jury was still out on that.

At night, Jane stared at her phone, willing it to light up with a text or call from Cooper, but it never came. No matter how much she hoped, it stayed dark.

All Jane wanted was to talk to him, but then embarrassment and shame flooded through her, and the cycle of anger and depression hit like a tidal wave, always ending with her crying and throwing her phone across the room.

The one time her phone did light up, it was her mom calling. Jane was too afraid to answer, letting it go to voicemail, fearing word had gotten back to her parents. In a 30-second voice mail, her mom let her know they'd be flying home late Thursday night and hoped Jane was okay.

Sunday night was somehow worse than Saturday, with every agonizing second ticking by slowly. By 10 pm, she couldn't take it anymore. She had to talk to him, thinking that maybe, just maybe, there was a way he could somehow fix it. Could she forgive him, though? That she didn't know.

Jane grabbed her phone off the nightstand and opened their last text thread, the one where Cooper told her to meet him behind the bleachers. Her eyes welled up with tears, and her chin trembled as a rush of emotion hit her. She had been so happy then, and now she felt like the world was crumbling around her, burying her underneath a mountain of rubble that would surely suffocate her.

Her thumbs flew over the keyboard, typing out: I need to talk to you.

But she paused before sending it, remembering that Cooper had thrown his phone through the window. She didn't know if he had ever retrieved it or if it were left smashed and broken. The realization that she couldn't contact him sent her into a spiral.

Jane clutched the phone to her chest and cried until her cheeks were raw and her nose had run dry.