Chapter 45:

Beatrice went home with Ava after the press conference, happy that it was over. She kept her head down, not wanting anyone to follow her to Ava's house. Ava had a black cap in her car, which the older brunette wore immediately. Once they got to Ava's house, she decided to park in the garage and then close it before Beatrice got out, just in case someone noticed her in the car. Once the door was closed, another door flew open. Marisa looked at Beatrice with big eyes.

-Your majesty., said the woman.

-What? No- No. Call me Beatrice, please., chuckled Beatrice, shaking her head.

-Are you sure?, asked Marisa.

-Mom, I told you not to be weird. She's still the same Beatrice., retorted Ava with a sigh.

-She's right, Marisa. I'm just me. No princess or majesty. Just a human. So don't give me special treatment. Okay?, added Beatrice, walking up to the mother.

-Whatever you say. Your wish is my command., replied Marisa.

-Mom, that's enough. Come on. Go back to work. I'm going to my room with Bea., laughed Ava, shaking her head in disbelief.

Beatrice found it amusing, laughing at it as well. She walked past Marisa with Ava, following her upstairs.

-If you're hungry or something, tell me!, exclaimed the mother as they walked up the stairs.

-We're old enough to get our food!, replied Ava from the top of the stairwell.

She then guided Beatrice to her room, closing the door behind them. She chuckled and looked at Beatrice with an amused expression.

-I'm so sorry about her. I told her not to be weird., admitted Ava.

-Don't apologized. I expected this to happen. It's okay., smiled Beatrice, sitting down on Ava's bed.

-Whatever you say, your majesty., chuckled Ava.

Beatrice pouted, looking up at her girlfriend who had walked up to her.

-Awww. That's very cute of you., said the younger brunette, leaning down and pecking Beatrice's pout away.

Beatrice smiled after that, taking Ava's hand and making her sit down as well.

-So, why did you want to come home with me?, asked Ava out of curiosity.

-Just wanted to spend some time with you. And I also wanted to make sure that me being...you know, wouldn't change the fact that I'll be a witness to your case. I'll ask your mom once she's calmed down., explained Beatrice, looking away from Ava now.

-Bea, don't worry about my case. I'll be okay., said the younger girl, placing her hand on Beatrice's.

-I do worry., sighed Beatrice, glancing at their hands.

-I'll ask my mom. It might snap her out of this., suggested Ava, getting up and walking up to the door.

She opened the door, revealing her mother standing there.

-Eavesdropping is a new low for you, mom. Come in., said Ava, moving to the side.

Marisa smiled embarrassed, walking in the room.

-Marisa, does me being royalty change anything to the fact that I want to be a witness for your daughter?, asked the brunette, standing up from the bed as well.

Marisa frowned and shook her head.

-No. You are doing it as any other citizen. You are equal to everyone else in court., explained the mother.