Chapter 3:

The class was pretty interesting and the teacher would add fun elements to it to make it more bearable. The bell finally rang for lunch and she got up. Camila had to her to meet at the cafeteria. She simply followed the crowd of students who eventually lead her to the school cafeteria. She looked around, yet not seeing Camila. She simply got in line to get her food and then walked around with her tray in her hands. Sarah Crimson was making her way up to her with some other girls. That's when she heard her name.

-Ava! Over here!, yelled Camila from a table not too far from her.

She walked over to the table, ignoring the redhead who had tried to make contact with her. She smiled at Camila, seeing some new faces but also one familiar one.

-Oh. Hello again., said Ava as the girl looked up at her.

-Oh yes, that's Beatrice, the friend I told you about. She's the only one in your major., explained Camila with a smile as Ava sat down between Camila and Beatrice.

-So she does have a name., joked Ava.

-What do you mean?, asked Camila, unsure of what that meant.

-I sat next to her for two hours but she never introduced herself., chuckled the brunette.

-Yeah, she's not a people person. Don't take it personally., replied Camila with a chuckle as well.

-I am literally right here., complained Beatrice.

-Oh come on, I'm only stating a fact. You don't like people. You've said it yourself., pouted Camila as she took a bite from her food.

-But she likes us because we also hate people., added another girl.

Ava chuckled and looked at her.

-I'm Mary. That's Lilith. And this Shannon., said the girl.

-I'm Ava. It's nice to meet you guys. But how are you here, Camila? You don't seem to hate people at all., chuckled Ava as she looked at the youngest.

-She got us all together., replied Lilith as she also looked at Camila, however the younger girl didn't dare to look back at Lilith.

-So she collected you like Pokemons, got it., joked Ava, making the girls laugh slightly.

Except for one.

-You're funny. I like you., said Mary with a light chuckle.

-But you don't like people. How can you like me then?, asked Ava with a smile, liking to tease people.

-I guess you're not a person then., shrugged Lilith, her tone serious but her facial expression showing that she was joking.

-Oh damn. What am I then?, chuckled Ava, liking the group already.

-Mmmmmmmm. I'm not sure. But apparently not a person., replied Shannon, slightly getting pushed by Mary who was sitting next to her.

-Okay but wait. You also like Camila. What is she then?, continued Ava, truly curious about the dynamics of the friend group.

-She's our emotional support system., joked Lilith, looking at Camila who was smiling at her shyly with a light blush on her cheeks that Ava noticed.

-Well then I can be the comedic relief. I'm pretty good at being stupid., explained the brunette with a proud smile.

-We can see that, yeah., nodded Mary with a chuckle, making Ava pout.

Once again, Sarah Crimson decided to make an appearance. She walked up to the table, leaning on it, ignoring the girls and only looking at Ava.

-I see you've found your people., said the girl with no emotion.

-Are you obsessed with me? I mean, wouldn't blame you but damn. Not very sly if you ask me., replied Ava, gaining chuckles from others.

-Don't flatter yourself., scoffed Sarah as she rolled her eyes.

-So why are you here, sweetie?, continued Ava, making the girl's face turn a darker turn.

-I had to inform you that the principal wants you in her office first thing in the morning tomorrow., replied the redhead as she turned her heel and walked away.

Ava rolled her eyes and continued eating while the others watched her in silence. She felt the eyes on her so she looked up.

-Yes?, chuckled the brunette, not sure why she was being stared at.

-Pissing her off is not a good idea. I'd suggest you don't provoke her like that unless you want to face the consequences., said Beatrice, being the only one not looking at her.

-Awwww, are you worried for me?, teased Ava with a light smirk, which quickly disappeared when she watched the girl turn her head to look at her with a somber and serious expression.

-I'm warning you., shrugged Beatrice, grabbing her tray as she got up and left the table, wandering out of the cafeteria.

Ava looked at the others, confused about the girl's reaction and what had just happened. She couldn't help but sense a sort of guilt though, as she was the reason the girl left her friends at the table.

-She really doesn't like me. I know you guys don't like people but with her it feels personal., admitted Ava as she looked back at her food.

-She has known Sarah for quite a while. Sarah has pulled some stunts on Bea. I'm not going into details. They used to be close. Best friends in high school. Something changed. Something happened., explained Camila, watching Ava with a soft expression, aware that the brunette couldn't have known.

-Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. But I can protect myself. She doesn't seem fit to do much to me anyways., shrugged Ava.

-She won't get her hands dirty. However, she will find other people to do it for you., explained Mary as the bell rang.

Ava got up with the friend group and put her tray away. She said goodbye to them as they went their own to attend their classes. She walked off to her class, wondering what Sarah could have done to Beatrice for her to actually worry for someone she had just met and doesn't even like. Ava didn't like the atmosphere as she entered her classroom, seeing Beatrice at the same seat as in the morning. Something felt odd. Wrong. She walked to her, not saying a word as she didn't want to make it worse for the brunette next to her. She simply kept quiet, reading through a book. The professor finally came in and a new class started.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N: hiiii! sorry for the lack of updates! hope you enjoy this! I'll try to update more often in the following weeks