Chapter 72:

-May I speak to you privately? It is about your mother., explained the man with a sigh.

-You can tell me whatever it is in front of them. And I already found out about the prostitution chain and the affair with Duretti, so you can save your breath., explained Beatrice as she crossed her arms.

-So you know about Adriel?, frowned Vincent.

-What would I want to know about Duretti's son?, wondered the girl, sighing.

-That he is your brother., replied the man quickly.

Beatrice frowned and walked up to him, grabbing him by his collar and pinning him against the wall.

-What the fuck are you talking about?, said Beatrice angrily, ready to end him.

-Your- Your mother has been cheating since before you were born, Miss. Adriel is her son. He's your half-brother., replied Vincent quickly, not having expected for Beatrice to manhandle him that easily.

-I swear to god, Vincent, if you are lying, I will-, started Beatrice as she tightened her grip on his collar.

-I'm not- I'm not. Ask your mother., confirmed Vincent, knowing that Beatrice wasn't joking around.

Beatrice clenched her jaw and let go of him, watching him drop on the floor. She turned around, seeing Ava and Dora watching her every move. Beatrice walked out of the cell, slamming the door shut. She looked at Dora.

-Which cell?, asked Beatrice, wanting to know where her mother is.

-Bea, I think it's best to wait-, started Ava with a concerned look.

-Which cell?!, yelled the older brunette, ignoring Ava.

There was a moment of silence. Ava turned to Dora and motioned for her to give them a moment alone. Dora nodded and walked away. Once she was gone, Ava directed her attention towards Beatrice who was breathing heavily and staring at the floor.

-You have every right to be angry, Bea. But you do not raise your voice at me., said Ava as she was surprisingly well composed.

Beatrice looked at her, shame painted all over her expression. She nodded, not saying a word as she knew that what she had done was wrong.

-I'm sorry, Ava., apologized Beatrice, looking down again.

-I know. Bea, talking to your mother while you're worked up like this will only make things escalate. She knows how to push your buttons.

She will only make you angrier., replied Ava, continuing what she had tried to say earlier.

-But I need to know the truth. I need to know if- if I have a brother., said Beatrice as she tried to remain calm.

-And you will. Listen, how about I talk to her? She already underestimates me. She won't expect me to know that much about her. I will simply drop Adriel's name randomly, tell her that he has been arrested and then see her reaction. What do you think?, suggested Ava, her eyes not leaving Beatrice.

The older brunette looked up at Ava, slowly nodding, fully aware that Ava was right and that this was probably the way for her to know about it.

-Okay. But I don't want you in there alone. Dora will go with you. And- And I want to be able to listen in. Please?, replied Beatrice calmly, her breathing being even now.

-Of course. I will call you on my phone so you can listen in. She won't know. And Dora will be with me. So you're okay with this?, asked Ava, wanting to make sure that Beatrice felt confident in what they were about to do.