Chapter 20:

-I'm...I'm scared., whispered Beatrice against Ava's shoulder.

-I know. I know. You have every right to feel scared, Bea. Yet that shouldn't stop you from fighting. From living. Do the girls know about what you just told me about Sarah?, asked Ava, rubbing Beatrice's back gently.

-They know that we used to date and that something bad happens. And apparently they also know about her hurting me repeatedly., sighed the taller brunette, pulling away.

-Show me your bruise., said Ava with a soft tone.

-What? Why?, frowned Beatrice.

-So we can take a picture of it and keep it in case you change your mind and do want to go to my mom., explained Ava.

Beatrice sighed and reached into her pocket, pulling her phone out. She hands it to Ava. She take a second and then takes her hoodie off, revealing not one but a few bruises. The smaller brunette tried to keep her gasp in but couldn't help but look shocked and concerned. She clenched her jaw and started taking pictures on the bruises. She then noticed a cut on Beatrice's back.

-Did she cut you?, frowned Ava.

-No. She pushed me and I cut myself with a broken window., explained Beatrice with a sigh.

-You had it taken care of., noted Ava with relief.

-Yeah, a friend of mine stitched it up for me. She's a professional. I didn't want to go to the hospital and explain how I cut myself on my back., replied the taller brunette.

-Okay., nodded Ava as she kept taking the pictures.

She then saw the bruise that she had seen in the morning. It was bigger than the others. She frowned and gently placed her fingers on it, wanting to see if it felt weird or is something inside was broken. Beatrice didn't expect it so she moved away from the touch.

-Hey, its okay. I just wanna check if something is broken. A bruise on your ribs is never a good sign., explained Ava, raising her hands defensively to show Beatrice that she didn't mean any harm.

-Nothing's broken. Those are enough pictures., replied Beatrice, grabbing her hoodie.

Ava put her hand on Beatrice's.

-Let me apply some cream on it. It's really swollen, Bea., tried Ava as she looked her in the eyes.

-I'm fine., replied Beatrice, looking away.

-Please., pleaded Ava.

Beatrice sighed and looked at Ava again.

-You're really stubborn. You know that?, said the taller brunette.

-Oh yeah, and I'm proud of it., said Ava as she walked to the toilet, closing the toilet lid, patting it for Beatrice to sit on it.

So she did. Ava opened a drawing, taking a cream out to ease the pain and lessen the swelling. She then grabbed a little stool and moved up to Beatrice. She put some cream on her finger and then started applying it on the bigger bruise. She tried to be gentle so she wouldn't cause Beatrice any pain but she noticed Beatrice's clenched jaw and fists. She tried to be as fast as she could be without hurting her.

-I'm almost done., whispered Ava.

-Okay., nodded Beatrice who seemed extremely tense.

She then pulled away and grabbed Beatrice's hoodie. She motioned for her to stand up.

-I'm gonna help you put your hoodie on so you don't put cream all over it., explained Ava as she noticed Beatrice's confused expression.

The taller brunette nodded and put her arms through the sleeves. Ava then pulled the hoodie over Beatrice's head and gently pulling it down. That's when the door opened. Camila made eye contact with the two, blinking, then closing the door again. Beatrice quickly put her hoodie down fully and walked out of the bathroom. She rushed up to Camila, immediately followed by Ava.

-Wait, Cam-, tried Beatrice, so Camila stopped in her tracks and looked back at her.

-I knew you two would happen eventually. I'm happy for you., smiled Camila a little.

-What-, tried Beatrice once again but Ava took her hand.

-Don't tell the others yet. We'll tell them when we're ready., said Ava, looking up at Beatrice.

-Okay. You look cute together. And Bea, I...I owe you an apology. I shouldn't have said all those things. I just...I care about you. I'm worried about you. But forcing you to open up was wrong. So, I'm sorry., apologized Camila.

-It's okay, Cam. I understand why you're upset and you have every right to be upset., replied Beatrice with a light smile.

Camila nodded and walked away to the living room. Ava was subconsciously rubbing her thumb on Beatrice's hand, which the taller brunette noticed as she then looked down.

-Why are you holding my hand?, asked Beatrice, looking up at Ava now.

-She thought that we were being intimate. I figured that you'd rather have her thinking that than telling her the truth. We can go to her right now and tell her if you prefer-, rambled Ava, taking a step towards the living room but being pulled back by Beatrice again.

-Okay. That was a good reflex. But I don't want her to get the wrong idea. I don't like lying to her., replied Beatrice with a frown.

-I know. I don't like lying to her either. But this is for her own good., shrugged Ava.

-Okay. Whatever. Just don't do something like that again without warning me beforehand., warned Beatrice with a sigh.

-If it was such a bad thing, if it's such a horrendous act, why are you still holding my hand and haven't let go of it? Hm?, asked Ava with her eyebrows raised.

Beatrice frowned and looked down at their hands. She looked back up at Ava and shook her head, letting go.

-Sorry. I forgot., said Beatrice plainly, her face red as she now walked away and went to the living room.

Ava sighed and was about to follow her but her mom called her to the kitchen.

-Hey sweetie. How are things going?, asked the mother with a soft smile.

-Yeah. Good., nodded Ava with a shrug.

-I saw you and Beatrice holding hands. So it's going really well, no?, wondered Marisa.

-No. Friends also hold hands sometimes, mom. Nothing is going to happen between me and Beatrice. Stop it. And you better not talk to the girls about this., sighed Ava, quickly walking away after finishing her sentence.

She joined the girls in the living room.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N: hello beautiful people! So, I'm guessing that you're tired of waiting for Avatrice to finally have a real intimate or maybe even romantic moment, hm? DON'T WORRY, I GOT YOU. you won't have to wait for much longer, I promise! just saying...maybe next chapter? maybe not? :)

(I posted the wrong chapter earlier, sorry xd)