Chapter 28:

-Hi mom. What's up?, asked the brunette.

Beatrice just stood there and watched Ava.

-Someone gave you what? Footage? How did they get it?, frowned the smaller brunette.

Beatrice realized what the call was about and just kept her eyes locked with Ava.

-Can you use it as evidence?, asked Ava with a sigh.

Beatrice watched her, trying to read the answer by observing her body language. She watched as Ava's shoulders dropped and exhaled loudly.

-Okay. That's good news. Did the person leave a note?, wondered the brunette.

Ava nodded at her mom's response.

-Okay. Thank you, mom. I will see you tomorrow. I love you too., replied Ava with a light smile.

She hung up and sighed, sitting down on the bed again.

-What is it?, asked Beatrice, obviously knowing what was going on but having to hide it.

-Someone shared the footage of the...the thing at the club with my mom. We don't know who. She will be using it in court., explained Ava, her eyes on the floor.

-Isn't that a good thing, Ava?, frowned Beatrice, questioning her reaction.

-I mean, yeah. It is. But...But that means everyone in that court will see the footage. Including me., replied Ava, looking at Beatrice with tears in the eyes.

Beatrice was about to answer but Ava's phone buzzed again. It was a message from her mom. She opened it, seeing the note that the person left them. She looked at the note and raised her eyebrows.

-What is it?, asked Beatrice once again, this time unaware of the piece of information that her mother had unknowingly given her.

Ava looked at Beatrice, a tear rolling down her cheek. She smiled lightly and basically tackled Beatrice into a hug. She hugged her tightly. Beatrice was left confused but she would never complain about such a hug from Ava. She just hugged her back, waiting for the girl to compose herself so she could tell her what's going on.

-Thank you., whispered the brunette against Beatrice's chest.

Beatrice frowned and looked down at Ava.

-What?, said the girl.

-I love the way you write your H and A., replied Ava, looking up at Beatrice.

Beatrice's eyes went wide as she kind of froze in the moment.

-I don't-, tried Beatrice but Ava interrupted her.

She interrupted her with her lips on Beatrice's. It was a quick peck but enough to stun Beatrice. That gave Ava the chance to talk again.

-Don't lie to me again. No more lies., sniffled Ava, wiping a tear away.

Beatrice couldn't help but blush. She just kept looking at Ava with an unreadable expression.

-I...I won't. I won't lie again. Not to you., nodded the older brunette, moving her hand to Ava's face and wiping a tear away with her thumb.

-Thank you., replied Ava as she smiled through her tears.

-Stop thanking me, Ava., chuckled Beatrice.

-But you've saved me. More than once., argued the smaller brunette.

-More than you know., admitted Beatrice with yet another chuckle.

-What do you mean?, frowned Ava, not fully understanding.

Beatrice sighed and nodded.

-Remember after you tried out for the team?, wondered Beatrice.

-Yeah, you insisted on walking me home. It's the first moment you actually didn't seem to hate me., nodded Ava.

-Remember those boys behind us?, continued the older brunette.

-Yeah. They were being weird but you told me not to turn around., remembered Ava, looking down as she focused and zoned out into the memory.

-I have this group of girls. They're like bodyguards. I told you not to turn around so they could take care of the boys and so we wouldn't get hurt., replied Beatrice, explaining it to Ava.

-Oh. I...So they beat them up?, wondered Ava as she looked up at Beatrice again.

-Yeah. They did., nodded Beatrice, looking down at Ava.

She smiled a little and leaned down, pecking Ava's forehead. Ava smiled shyly and hid her face against Beatrice's chest again. Beatrice closed her eyes, loving the feeling of having Ava that close to her.

-We're going to be late for dinner., said Beatrice, yet not moving an inch.

Ava nodded against Beatrice's body, eventually pulling away and sighing as Beatrice unwrapped her arms.

-I am sorry for how curious they're going to get at the dinner table., chuckled Beatrice as Ava took her hand.

-It's okay. I overshare a lot. Maybe that will balance it., joked Ava, bumping into Beatrice's jokingly.

Beatrice chuckled and nodded as she guided Ava downstairs to the dinning room. It was bigger than Ava's kitchen and living room combined. She entered the room with Beatrice, seeing a few members of the staff already sitting at the table. She recognized Vincent and smiled at him. She then saw all the new faces. A door opened and a woman dressed as a cook brought food to the table, followed by what Ava guessed were waiters, who were also bringing food to the table. There were around 12 people at the table. Ava felt nervous, which Beatrice could sense. She squeezed Ava's hand gently and the lead her to a seat. She pulled the chair out for Ava and motioned for her to sit down, which she did. Beatrice pushed the chair back in and then sat down on the seat next to Ava. Everyone sat down, greeting each other and greeting Beatrice.

-Hey. I'd like to introduce my friend Ava to all of you. She is staying the night so I hope you can give her a warm welcome., said Beatrice with a light smile as she watched a few staff members greet Ava.

-Ava. That's a simple yet pretty name., said a woman with a bright smile.

-Thank you. Can I ask you your name?, replied Ava with a smile.

-Of course. I'm Elora. I bake for Miss Beatrice and guests., explained the lady.

-Oh. Will I be tasting anything of yours today?, asked the brunette.

-Well yes. I baked Miss Beatrice's favorite., chuckled Elora.

-What is her favorite?, wondered Ava, looking at Beatrice now.

Beatrice chuckled and gave her a shrug.

-I guess it will be a surprise., smiled Elora.

-Ava, tell us something about yourself., said another lady, wearing a maiden's outfit.

-Oh. Uhm. Well, I'm 19 years old. My mom is Portuguese. I have a little stepbrother named Diego aaaand I just moved her a few ago., explained Ava with a shrug.

-How did you meet Miss Beatrice?, wondered a man.

-I take the same classes as her. She had the unfortunate luck to have me as a seat neighbor., chuckled Ava, looking at Beatrice again.

-Oh come on. I'm glad you chose to sit down next to you., smiled Beatrice as she looked back at Ava.

-If I may, Miss Beatrice, I haven't seen you smiling like that in a while and I think I'm speaking for everyone when I see that it's a true delight to see you at ease with your friend., spoke the maiden again.

Beatrice blushed and cleared her throat.

-Thank you, Clarisse. Now, shall we eat?, replied Beatrice, wanting that conversation to be over.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N: hehe, y'all are gonna love chapter 33! any guesses what it could be? (ps: i dont know if I should write smut for this book or not? any thoughts?)