Chapter 50:

Then the door flew open. The boy had burst into the room, gun in his hand.

Beatrice got up immediately, keeping her eyes on the boy. She could see him breathing heavily, his eyes being dark and filled with rage.

-Put the gun down., said Beatrice calmly.

Ava and Marisa had been frozen on the spot, not saying anything or moving. Marisa had pulled Ava closer to her by her wrist. After Beatrice asked him to put the gun down, he pointed the gun up at her. She raised her hands, showing him that she didn't mean any harm.

-Easy there., said the brunette.

-Bea-, tried Ava but then she went quiet when she saw the boy pointing the gun at her now.

Beatrice slowly moved in front of Ava and Marisa, shielding them with her body as she still faced the boy. She didn't take her eyes off me.

-Focus on me. You want me, right? I'm the one who stopped you. Remember? I got in your way., said Beatrice as she remained calm.

She felt Ava grab the hem of her jacket as he nodded as a reply, holding the gun with both hands now.

-You shouldn't have., said the boy with a raspy voice.

Beatrice nodded and took a step towards him, Ava having to release the grip on her  jacket now.

-So you want to hurt me now, right?, said the brunette, emphasizing the word "me".

-If you hadn't intervened then I wouldn't have to do this. This is all your fault. You did this to me. You did this to me! I lost everything because of you! My girlfriend, my scholarship, my job! You ruined my life. So I'm going to ruin yours. By ending it. I wouldn't have had to do this if you hadn't stopped me from getting what I want., explained the boy, his eyes constantly looking around.

She could tell that he was unstable. He snapped. She had to communicate in a way that she could feed into his delusion and manipulate him.

-I hurt you, so you want to hurt me. Just me. No one did anything to you. I'm the one who ruined your life. Focus on me., continued Beatrice taking another step forward.

Her eyes focused on his eyes instead of the gun pointing at her. He nodded with a look that could only be described as crazy. Beatrice could hear Marisa in the background, murmuring things to each other. She heard the words "security" and "bodyguard". She knew they wanted to call for help but she was really hoping that they wouldn't make any sudden movements or noise that could trigger the boy. Beatrice took another step towards him.

-Stay back!, yelled the boy.

-It's okay. We're okay. I'm just coming closer so you can hurt me. Remember? You don't want to miss your shot, do you?, asked Beatrice with a little fake frown.

-No, I don't. Okay., nodded the boy, watching Beatrice walk closer to him.

-Beatrice, stop. Stop it!, yelled Ava as she began to panic after her long moment of feeling frozen.

-Shut up!, yelled the boy, pointing his gun at Ava now, making her gulp and flinch.

Beatrice followed the guns movement, standing in front of it again. She moved her hands a little so he would focus on her again. And he did.

-I'm going to shoot you., said the boy with a numb frown.

-No!, yelled Ava as she heard him say that.