Chapter 60:

-This is Beatrice Young. I am the king's daughter., explained Beatrice.

-Beatrice. Finally, I get to meet my goddaughter., stated Duretti.

-Your go- Your what?, frowned Beatrice, freezing on the spot.

-My goddaughter. Oh of course he didn't tell you. You didn't know that I'm your godfather, hm?, chuckled the man on the other side.

-No. But that doesn't matter., replied Beatrice firmly.

-Well, it does. It makes us family., stated Duretti.

-You took Ava. And you want your money back. When and where?, asked Beatrice with the same firm tone.

-Always so serious. I see you got that from your father., replied the man.

-You mean the man you got killed?, scoffed the brunette.

-Oh come on now. He refused to give me my money back and threatened to let the cops get to me. I warned him repeatedly. Never wanted to go that far but he left me no other choice., chuckled the man, which infuriated Beatrice.

-Where and when?, repeated Beatrice, trying to keep her cool.

-Well, I told you. At the café in now 46 hours., replied Duretti nonchalantly.

-We both know I don't have the amount of money., said the brunette.

-Then find a way to get it. Sell his stupidly expensive cars in the warehouse., suggested Duretti.

-46 hours is not enough to sell of his cars. I want a compromise., replied Beatrice.

-I'm listening., said Duretti.

-I will get you 80k dollars cash tomorrow. 3pm at the café. You bring Ava. Then, you give me a few days to gather the rest of the money., stated the brunette confidently.

-Why would I do that?, wondered the man.

-If you hurt her. If you lay your hands on her. I promise that I will personally kill you., threatened Beatrice.

-Easy there. I was just asking why should I accept the compromise?, chuckled Duretti.

-You want your money, you will get it. I want Ava. If I know that you are a honest man, then I know I can make business with you, even in future situations. Wouldn't you want that?, said Beatrice.

-Hmm. Well, I suppose that since you will be the one in power soon, I could use that., replied Duretti.

-Do we have a deal?, asked Beatrice with a frown, waiting for an answer.

-80k cash at the café. Your friend will be there., replied the man.

-I want to talk to her., said the brunette quickly.

-Don't push your luck., warned Duretti.

-How do I know that she is still alive? If she's dead, I don't need to meet up with you., replied Beatrice coldly while her heart kept beating faster, praying that Ava was okay.

There was a moment of silence and then she heard footsteps and a whine.

-Ava?, said Beatrice as she heard the whine, feeling her heart drop.

She heard a muffled cry, recognizing it though.

-Ava, I promise I will get you out of there. I promise. You will be okay-, started Beatrice, wanting to comfort the girl but she quickly got interrupted.

-Okay, that's enough. Be there tomorrow. Do not be late., warned the man.

-I swear to god, if you hurt her-, tried Beatrice but she then heard the beeping of the phone, knowing he hung up.

She clenched her jaw and shook her head, slamming the phone against the table. She then heard a knock on the door.

-What?!, yelled Beatrice.

The door opened, revealing Dora.

-Miss, we found something., said the girl.

Beatrice sighed and nodded, walking up to the door and then following Dora to their room. She walked in, seeing the girls gathered in front of a computer screen. She approached them, as they automatically moved aside to let Beatrice get a look. She looked at the screen, seeing a young Duretti with a toddler in his arms. She frowned a little.

-He has a son. We don't know who he is yet, but he has a son. We found his certificate in the hospital's data but we can't find anyone by his name anywhere else. We will keep looking., explained one of the girls.

-He has a son? Hm. Perfect. Find him. Take him., ordered Beatrice as she looked at the picture.

-He must be around his 45 years old., stated one of the girls as she showed the birth certificate to Beatrice.

-Doesn't change my order. Find him and take him., repeated Beatrice.

The girls nodded.

-We will., answered one of the girls.

-Dora, you're coming with me tomorrow., informed Beatrice.

-What do you mean, Miss?, asked Dora with a frown.

-I am handing him money. He is bringing Ava. I want you there with me., said the brunette.

-Of course, Miss. I will be there., nodded Dora.

-Good. Now, inform Marisa about these updates., demanded Beatrice.

-Miss, all due respect, I think it would be best if you did that., replied Dora.

Beatrice looked at her, clenched her jaw and nodded, knowing that she was right. She walked out of the room and walked to the living room. She took her phone out and clicked on Marisa's contact. She waited for a moment and then heard the woman's panicked voice.

-Please don't give me bad news., said the mother.

-Ava's okay. I was able to make sure that she is still...alive. I'm seeing Duretti tomorrow. I will give him a certain amount of money and he will give me Ava back. I will get your daughter, Marisa. You have my word., replied Beatrice with a nod.

She heard the woman cry, feeling the guilt hit her.

-You better., said the woman before she hung up.

Beatrice sighed, knowing that she deserved all of it. She was the problem and she had put Ava in this incredibly dangerous situation. She sat down on the couch and shook her head. She then realized she still needed to get the money, so she got up and walked to her room. Once inside, she locked the door. She moved her bed and opened a safe that was hidden under bed. She grabbed two duffel bags that were filled with money. She had kept them in case of an emergency. 80k bucks. She opened the bags to make sure everything was intact and then placed them on her desk. She then walked to her bed and went to sleep, or at least she tried to sleep. She just wanted to be the next day, getting Ava back safe and sound. 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N: BTW i have no idea where I'm going with the godfather thing but! we will see