Chapter 70:

After her very much needed rest, Beatrice woke up to an empty bed once again. She got up, putting her slippers on and then walking out of her room. She made her way downstairs, hearing voices. She followed said voices and found herself in the living room, looking at her friends who were going through the evidence she had gathered about her mother's and Duretti's prostitution chain. She then noticed a man she hadn't met before.

-Who are you?, questioned Beatrice with a frown, making them aware of her presence, everyone turning around to look at her.

Marisa got up and so did the man.

-Beatrice, this is my brother. Danny, meet Beatrice, also known as the princess., said Marisa with a smile.

-Your majesty., greeted Danny with a little nod.

-Hmm, no. Call me Beatrice, please., chuckled the brunette, cringing at the word. -Will do., nodded the man.

-So you're going to be in charge of my mother's case?, asked Beatrice plainly.

-Precisely, yes. Marisa informed me of the situation and she has shared the evidence that you had gathered with me as well. Great job on that, by the way. Now, we should act fast because

Duretti's son is ready to bail him out as soon as it is allowed by a judge. If you want him to stay in jail for good, we need to ask for a court date and share this evidence along with your mother's complicity., explained Danny as he sat down again and grabbed a picture that Beatrice had taken of her mother forcing a girl into a van.

Beatrice sat down next to her girlfriend and nodded quickly.

-Do whatever you must. I want them locked up so they can no longer hurt anyone., replied Beatrice truthfully.

-Of course. I will take this evidence to my workplace and get to work. You will be hearing from me soon., nodded Danny as he got up, collected the evidence and put it in a box again.

Beatrice looked at Marisa who was watching her brother.

-Marisa, legally, can I not somehow...influence the process by literally being royalty?, wondered Beatrice.

-Well...I'm not really sure where your legal power starts and where it is limited. If you want, I can look into it., suggested Marisa as she looked at the younger girl now.

-Yes, please., nodded Beatrice, thankful that she had finally found some support in her chaotic life.

-Of course. May I work her?, asked the mother.

-Yes, of course. Dora, please show Marisa to my office. Give her any passwords that she might need to get into my computer as well., asked Beatrice with a smile.

-Yes, Miss., nodded Dora as she got up.

-Wait. Did Elora not talk to you yet?, frowned the brunette, remembering having asked Elora to inform staff members to call her by her name from now on.

-She did. However, the girls and I have too much respect towards you and feel like we might need a moment to get used to it. I apologize for the slip-up., apologized Dora as she realized she had made a mistake.

-No need to apologize. And no need to speak so formally. We're friends, Dora. Speak as such., chuckled Beatrice, wanting her to be more at ease.

-I'm your friend?, repeated Dora, raising her eyebrows.

-Do you think I stay up stargazing with random people?, joked Beatrice, shaking her head.

-Oh. I just- I never thought that you'd think of me as a friend., admitted the girl.