Chapter 42:

In the next morning, Beatrice obviously stayed home, having to avoid to be seen in public or getting swarmed by journalists and paparazzis. She charged her phone, going to take a shower. When she came back, she checked her phone and saw a few messages from her friends.

Cam:

(Are you okay? I'm guessing I wont be seeing you today?)

Beatrice sighed and replied.

Bea:

(Staying home today, father's order.)

She then kept scrolling, seeing that Camila wasn't the only one who texted her.

Lilith :

(Hello your majesty, do you need anything? I'm going to our favorite bodega, thought i could pick up some pistachios Oreo's for you...cause you love them for some reason???)

Beatrice chuckled at that, expecting the teasing from her friend.

Bea:

(No thank you, Lilith. I wont come o school today so you buying them would be no use. Thank you though!)

She then saw messages from her girlfriend.

Ava:

(My mom is losing her mind haha, she keeps saying that I am a princess since I'm dating one and that it's insane that we've a member of the royal family in our house! She feels so honored, its hilarious! Anyways, I know I wont see you at school today but maybe I can see you at your place? Let me know! I love you so much!)

Beatrice read the message, finding it amusing. She hadn't expected Marisa to be a fan of the royal family. She shook her head in disbelief but also amusement.

Bea:

(That's cute. Tell your mom that I'm still just me though. And my parents are coming home today. I don't think you should be here when they arrive. I'm sorry, my love. I love you too.)

She send the message and saw that Ava had already read it. She saw bubbles appear. She sighed and got dressed as she waited for Ava's response. Her phone vibrated and she looked at her screen, reading the message.

Ava:

(Okay, no worries! If you change your mind and you need some moral support, just let me know! I told my mom to behave, don't worry. We know that still the same Beatrice that we've met and love. It was just her initial reaction.)

Bea:

(I know, i know. Thank you, my love. For everything. Now I have to go. I have a lot to do. There's a press conference this afternoon. Held in public in front of the parliament. My dad will speak to the public. If you want to see me or talk to me, I will be there. I can't be on my phone much from now on. Goodbye now, Ava.)

She send the message, turning her phone off and putting it in her pocket. She walked downstairs, being greeted by Vincent.

-Good morning, Miss. Your breakfast is ready., said the man.

-Thank you, Vincent. Can you call one of the girls? I want to talk to them., replied the younger girl.

He nodded and walked away. Beatrice made her way to the dining room. She sat down and started eating her homemade pancakes, drinking her coffee. She then heard a door open, seeing a girl walk in. She walked up to the table and just there.

-Miss. Vincent told me you wanted to talk to one of us?, said the girl.

-Yes. Sit down., said the brunette.

The girl obeyed and sat down by the table.

-There's two things i want to discuss. First, i want weekly updates of Sarah. Understood?, explained Beatrice as she sipped on her coffee.

-Noted. I will arrange that., nodded the girl.

-Good. The second thing, I want two of you to still be on campus. My friends are easy targets for the press and weirdos. I want them to be safe. I owe them that. I want a third one of you girls to be around Ava at all times. I want that person to be you. Where she goes in school, you follow. You escort her home. And that's where your job ends. I will warn her so she will be aware of it., demanded the brunette, looking at the girl as she spoke.

-I will get to that immediately. Could you share her schedule with me?, replied the girl.

-She has the same one as mine, except for her football trainings on Tuesdays and Thursdays. She will tell you about those. But Dora, nothing can happen to her. I am counting on you. Do not disappoint me., said Beatrice with a frown and serious expression.

The girl got up and nodded.

-You won't regret trusting me with this, Miss. I will protect her at all costs., promised Dora.

Beatrice nodded and took a bite of her pancake.

-You may go. Go to Ava., said the brunette.

Dora got up and walked out of the dining room. Beatrice was once again left alone.She leaned back against her chair, thinking about the whole mess. She didnt like the fact that her friends and her girlfriend were also targets in this. She clearly felt an amount of guilt that took over her feeling of fear. She needed them to be left alone and to be safe and sound. It was all her fault. At least that's what she thought. Beatrice remembered that she had to warn Ava about the girls and Dora. She took her phone out and wrote and elaborate text, explaining everything and apologizing for putting them all in danger. She also told Ava to pass the informations with their friends.

She was then informed that her parents had landed and were on their way to the mansion. She anxiously walked around the mansion, making e^sure that everything was in order. She then called a staff meeting in the dining room. All her employees gathered at the table and listened to Beatrice.

-Alright. My parents are back. They can't know about our dinners together. They can't know about Ava or me telling my friends before the news got out. They can't know about me and Ava. Every singée things the girls did for me recently, except for Sarah, they can't know about those. You are my family. I can't lose you guys. Don't get in trouble. Be at your best behavior.,demanded Beatrice, looking at them as she spoke.

She watched as they nodded and listened. Beatrice let them go back to their tasks, knowing her parents could arrive at any moment.

And so they did. She watched as Vincent opened the door for her parents. Her mother walked in first, already scanning the room for any slight imperfections. Her eyes then landed on Beatrice. The girl stood straight, looking back at her mother. Her father then appeared behind her, smiling at Beatrice.

-There she is., said the father, walking past the mother and pulling Beatrice into a hug.

-Hello, father., replied Beatrice, hugging him back.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N: more to come eventually!!! hehehehehe. its gonna be a mess, whoops