Chapter 59:

She pulled a handwritten letter out, reading it. She frowned, not understanding it. She handed it to Beatrice.

Pay the debt. Hand him over. 48 hours. At my meeting place.

-D.

Beatrice clenched her jaw and looked at Marisa.

-I know what happened., said Beatrice angrily.

Marisa looked at Beatrice with tears in her eyes, knowing that this couldn't be good.

-What happened then?, asked Marisa as she tried her best to keep her voice from being shaky.

-Duretti took her., stated Beatrice as she balled her fists.

-What?, frowned the mother.

-You know the famous criminal? Duretti? I previously found out that my father owed him a lot of money. He took Ava so that I pay up., explained Beatrice, trying to remain calm in front of Marisa.

-He took my baby because of money? Because of your father?, said Marisa unsure of it all.

-Yes. I am going to take care of this. I promise., swore Beatrice as she looked her in the eyes.

-Your promises mean nothing to me right now. Bring my daughter home or I swear I will make you pay., threatened the mother.

-I deserve that. I will get Ava. But Marisa, you cannot call the cops. You cannot ask for help to anyone. He has so many people working for him. He has ears and eyes everywhere. This must stay between us. Do you understand?, replied the younger brunette.

-You think you can get my daughter back without help?, scoffed Marisa as she shook her head.

-No. I will inform my girls of it. We will get her back. But you cannot tell anyone about this., repeated Beatrice.

-What about Phil and Diego? Or your friends?, asked Marisa as she wasn't convinced that this was a smart decision.

-The more they know, the more danger they will be in., explained Beatrice quickly.

Marisa clenched her jaw and nodded.

-Fine. You have 40 hours. If you don't bring her back before that, I will call the cops., warned Marisa.

Beatrice sighed in relief.

-Okay. I need to go now. I will keep you updated., said Beatrice as she turned around and walked away to her car.

She got in and drove away quickly, making her way to the mansion as fast as possible. Once she arrived, she called a meeting with the girls, gathering them around.

-As you have been informed in the past few hours, my father owes Duretti a big amount of money. Since my father is dead now, Duretti requested to get his money by kidnapping my g-...Ava. I obviously do not have the amount of money that my father owed him. So, I will have to compromise with him. I'm unsure of how that will go. I want you all to understand that my priority, which is also now your priority, is to get Ava home, unharmed. So gather as much information on Duretti as you possibly can find. Anything can be useful. I will go and talk to Vincent to get information out of him. I will be back soon. Get to work. If anything major is revealed, go downstairs and inform me., ordered Beatrice as she looked at the girls.

She watched as the girls nodded and started walking around, going to their computers and talking to each other, getting to work. Beatrice looked at Dora and motioned for her to follow her. Together they walked downstairs to the basement. She walked up to Vincent's cell/room and waited for Dora to unlock it, which she did. Beatrice opened the door and walked up to Vincent, grabbing him his collar of his shirt.

-I am guessing that he reached out?, said Vincent as he gulped.

-He took Ava. So, I'm going to ask you some questions and you will be answering them to me if you want me to leave this room without breaking countless of your bones., warned Beatrice, tightening the grip.

Vincent stayed quiet but nodded in response, knowing not to push Beatrice's buttons when she was angry.

-Good. First of all, how much money did my father owe him?, asked the brunette.

-I don't have an answer to that, Miss. He never told me., replied Vincent as he looked her in the eyes.

-Vincent!, yelled Beatrice.

-I swear! But- But your mother! She knows!, replied Vincent as he felt himself panic.

Beatrice clenched her jaw and nodded.

-Tell me what you know about his hideout., said the brunette.

-I was never allowed there. He always told me to meet him at the cafe. But, I have his phone number. Would that help to track him down?, said Vincent as he genuinely seemed like he was trying to help.

-Write down., ordered Beatrice as she let him go and motioned to the paper on his desk.

Vincent nodded and walked up to his desk, writing down the phone number. He then handed the paper to Beatrice.

-Anything else you could tell me or think of?, asked Beatrice as she watched him.

-Not really. Oh- His car's plate. 020720. Might be a date., added Vincent (i wonder what came out that day).

Beatrice looked at Dora, seeing her write it down. She then looked back at Vincent.

-Anything else?, questioned Beatrice.

-Not that I could think of right now. He keeps a lot of distance between himself and new people. He didn't trust me since I was close to your father., explained Vincent with a sigh.

Beatrice nodded and walked out of the room without saying another word. She walked upstairs, went to her father's office, sat down on his chair and dialed the number Vincent gave her with her father's office phone. She waited a few seconds before she heard a voice on the other end of the line.

-Who is this?, questioned a male voice.

-I would like to speak to Duretti., said Beatrice plainly.

-This is him., replied Duretti.

-This is Beatrice Young. I am the king's daughter., explained Beatrice.

-Beatrice. Finally, I get to meet my goddaughter., stated the man.

-Your go- Your what?, frowned Beatrice, freezing on the spot.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N: uhm...i swear i'll give them happy breaks!...eventually...i think?