Chapter 67:

-Goodnight., whispered Ava with a smile.

-Wait, where is my mother?, asked Beatrice suddenly, sitting up and groaning at the sting in her ribs.

Ava raised her eyebrows and avoiding Beatrice's gaze, clearing her throat. Beatrice obviously noticed her strange behavior and frowned a little.

-What?, asked Beatrice, somewhat worried.

-We locked in the big living room., admitted Ava with a little smirk.

-What? Why?, frowned Beatrice, sitting up straight now, closing her eyes as she felt her ribs ache.

-Hey, hey. Lay back down., replied Ava as she placed her hand on Beatrice's shoulder, pushing her down gently.

Beatrice didn't move, waiting for an explanation.

-Your mother was trying to stop the girls from saving you. She didn't want them to get you. She was ordering Dora to stay put. She obviously didn't listen. And uhm, Elora revealed some stuff to us., admitted Ava with a sigh.

-What stuff? That my mom is working with Duretti? The prostitution chain?, asked Beatrice as she leaned her head back a little against the headboard.

-Yeah. Wait, you knew?, frowned the girlfriend.

-Yeah. I've been gathering evidence to stop her and Duretti., nodded Beatrice as she closed her eyes.

-Why didn't you tell anyone? Why didn't you tell me?, asked Ava with the same frown.

-Because I was embarrassed. My mom is at the head of a prostitution chain. An illegal one. It's not something I'd go around sharing., replied Beatrice as she looked at her girlfriend.

-Yeah. I get that. Okay, now get some rest. Don't worry about your mother., said the younger girl as she placed a soft kiss on Beatrice's forehead.

-Dora. Call Dora., said the other brunette.

Ava nodded and got up, walking to the door and calling Dora. The girl wasn't far, having been in another room with the girls and Lilith, talking some things out. She quickly made her way to Beatrice's room and looked at Ava.

-Yes?, said Dora.

-Beatrice wants to talk to you., replied Ava as she stepped aside to let Dora in.

The girl nodded and walked inside, looking at Beatrice who was still laying on her bed, half conscious. She walked up to her.

-Miss?, said the girl.

-Dora. Arrest her., whispered Beatrice.

-Arrest who?, frowned Dora, not getting it.

-My mother. Arrest her. But put her in the basement. Like Vincent., ordered Beatrice, now looking at her.

-Are you sure, Miss?, questioned Dora with a frown.

-Yes. Do it., nodded Beatrice as she clenched her jaw, feeling herself tear up a little.

Dora looked down and nodded quickly.

-Okay, Miss. I will make that happen. I will leave you alone now. You need some rest., said Dora as she nodded at Beatrice once again before walking away and out of the room.

She walked downstairs, to the living room, obeying to Beatrice's order. Ava walked back to her girlfriend and stood next to the bed.

-Do you want me to stay or do you want some space, Bea?, asked Ava with a concerned look.

Beatrice didn't move or respond, her eyes focused on the blanket and her jaw clenched. Ava bit the inside of her cheek a little, looking down.

-I'll leave you alone. Call me if you need me., said the brunette as she turned around to leave.