Chapter 73:

Marisa:
(Send Beatrice and Ava my way. Updates on the case from Danny.)

Beatrice nodded and took Ava's hand, thanking Dora for delivering the messages. They walked out of the basement, going up to Beatrice's office. Beatrice knocked, even if she was fully aware that she was at her mansion and going into her own office.

-Come in., said Marisa, standing behind the desk.

The girls walked in, closing the door behind themselves. Ava frowned a little, looking at her mother's concerned expression.

-What is it?, asked Ava without hesitation.

-Danny can't use some of the evidence that Beatrice handed in because she got it in not very legal ways. Only some of it, of course. But I'm afraid it's going to take longer than we had hoped., explained the mother, her eyes on Beatrice.

-What evidence are we talking about?, asked Beatrice with a frown.

-I uhm, I don't think you want me to tell you., replied Marisa, eyeing her daughter.

-I want to know., frowned Beatrice, not giving in.

-The evidence that you gathered from when you met with an...uhm, escort., spoke the mother with a sigh.

Ava raised her eyebrows, not having expected that. Beatrice's eyes went wide. -You paid a-, started Ava but Beatrice was quick to interrupt.

-Yes, but not in that way. I asked for an escort, yes. But I only asked so I could interrogate. Nothing happened., explained Beatrice quickly.

-Nothing happened?, repeated Ava, not convinced.

-I mean, we- we kissed. I had to initiate something to get things out of her or else she would have thought that I was a cop and that she was in trouble., replied the brunette with a sigh.

Ava nodded and went quiet, looking at her mother now.

-Just to be clear, this was before we got together. I would never- Ava, you know I would never do that to you., frowned Beatrice.

-What? Yes, of course I know that. I trust you. But I wish you would have told me about it, Bea., replied the younger girl.

-Does it change anything?, asked Beatrice anxiously.

-No. No, of course not. Bea, I'm not mad or whatever. I just don't like thought of you with someone else. Even before me. I guess I'm just- jealous? And I certainly do not like the thought of you kissing the escort after everything Sarah put you through., explained Ava, taking Beatrice's hand as she focused on her.

Beatrice nodded, smiling lightly, relieved that Ava was just worried and jealous, instead of hurt and disgusted. She lifted Ava's hand up to her lips, pecking it.

-I love you. But I'm okay. I had things under control., said Beatrice with a light smile.

-Beatrice, I'm sorry but that entire conversation you had with the escort can't be used in court., sighed Marisa, finally interrupting their moment.

Beatrice turned to face Marisa now, nodding. She then frowned a little. -What if I asked her to be a witness?, wondered the brunette.

-The prostitution chain is on hold since the two head organizers have been arrested., frowned Marisa.

-I mean yeah, but the escort will keep doing it since they need the money to live., replied Beatrice.

-How would you even contact the girl?, sighed the mother.

-I have her number. I could just ask her to meet up. Danny could organize it and have me wearing a wire while I'm talking to her so he can listen in. That's legal, no?, asked Beatrice as she watched Marisa thinking it over.

-That would be legal since it's a police investigation and not you illegally gathering evidence. I suppose we could do that, yeah. I will run the idea by Danny and I will let you know what he thinks of it. Okay?, replied the mother with a nod.

-Yeah. Okay. Thank you, Marisa., smiled Beatrice.

The older brunette walked out of the office again, still holding Ava's hand. She closed the door and walked through the corridor. Ava walked with her until she stopped suddenly. Beatrice frowned and turned to look at her, confused by Ava's expression. She then realized something.

-Ava, I want you to know that I'm not going to initiate anything if I am to meet her again. I won't do anything-, tried Beatrice but her girlfriend shook her head.

-You will do what you will have to do. And I will support you no matter what. I trust you, Bea. So if you have to...to kiss the escort to- to get her to talk, then so be it., replied Ava, seemingly tense but speaking truthfully.

-I...I don't...We don't even know if I will be allowed to do it, my love., replied Beatrice.

-I know. But if you do get to do it, I want you to know that surely I wouldn't enjoy knowing you're being close with someone other than me but I would also not throw a tantrum about it. I want you to be at peace and that will only be when your mother is in jail along with Duretti. So whatever it takes. I love you nonetheless. Whatever will maybe happen between you and the escort, I don't want you to feel bad about it because of me. Okay?, explained Ava, trying to reassure Beatrice even if she was jealous.

-I'm yours, Ava. Even if I would have to kiss her or something, it would mean nothing to me. I just want you. Only you. I'm all yours., said the older brunette as she placed a hand on Ava's cheek, making her look at her.

-Yeah, you are. You're all mine and I'm all yours, babe., smiled Ava, leaning up to softly kiss her girlfriend.

-Do you wanna-, started Beatrice after she pulled away from the kiss.

-Go to your room? Definitely., nodded Ava with a chuckle.

Beatrice smirked and picked her girlfriend up, bridal style, her broken ribs surprisingly not hurting as bad as she would have expected them to hurt as she made such a physical effort. Ava giggled, unaware of Beatrice's focus on her ribs, shaking her head in fake annoyance, but not complaining. She wrapped her arms around Beatrice's neck, helping her support Ava. Not that Beatrice needed any of that help. The older brunette carried Ava to her room, opening the door and closing it with her foot. She placed Ava on her bed, leaning down to kiss her. They then heard noises in Beatrice's room. The older brunette frowned, still hovering over Ava but her eyes and head directed to the bathroom. Ava didn't care, her hands on Beatrice's waist, trying to pull her down. They heard giggles.

-Who's there?, asked Beatrice with a frown, not moving.

-Don't kill us!, replied Camila from the bathroom, slowly revealing herself and then Lilith.

Their hair and clothes messy.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////A/N: hi! yes, I know it has been a while! sorry about that. life has been hectic. anyways, I'll try to update more often from now on! no promises tho...