Chapter 13:

As the others were busy talking and drinking their drinks, Beatrice noticed a boy staring at Ava. She nudged Ava gently, which got her attention.

-Hm? What's up?, asked Ava with a smile.

Beatrice scrunched her nose, not liking the scent of alcohol.

-Do you know him?, wondered Beatrice, motioning the boy who was watching her friend while sipping on a drink.

-Nope. But I'd very much like to get to know him., smiled Ava as she waved at the boy.

The boy walked over to the table.

-Ladies. Hi. Would you maybe be interested in dancing with me?, asked the boy, his eyes on Ava.

-I'd like that, yeah. But only if you buy me a drink afterwards., teased Ava with a smirk.

-Of course. I'm Miguel. And you are?, said the blond boy.

-I'm Ava. Nice to meet you. Alright girls, I'll be back soon., said Ava as she got up and left with the boy.

Beatrice followed them with her eyes, not liking it one bit.

-You know what, let's go dance. Yeah? Everyone, get up. Let's go., said Camila with a smile as she also got up.

Shannon and Lilith got up, leaving the table but Mary and Beatrice didn't move.

-I'm gonna stay here for a bit. You girls have fun., smiled Mary.

The girls nodded, Shannon giving Mary a quick peck on the cheek and then going on the dance floor with the other two. Beatrice didn't even hear any of that, her eyes glued on Ava and the blonde guy, watching them dance today. She did not enjoy her sight.

-You've got good taste., said Mary, her eyes on Ava and the boy as well.

Beatrice frowned and looked at her, making Mary look back at her.

-What? It's pretty obvious. Don't act so surprised., chuckled Mary, watching Beatrice's expression shift.

-I don't know what you're talking about., said Beatrice, clearing her throat and taking a sip of her water.

-You and Ava., replied Mary, making Beatrice cough out some water.

-Mary, don't., warned Beatrice without even looking at her anymore.

-You can't just push it away. I know that Sarah-, tried Mary.

-Do not say her name., said the brunette, putting her drink down.

-I know that she hurt you in ways that we can't understand. But you can't just hide in your shell forever. Ava seems like a nice girl. You two get along. So, go for it. Live a little., sighed Mary, taking a sip from her own drink.

-Go to the girls. I'm gonna stay here., replied Beatrice, looking away.

-Alright. Just think about it., shrugged Mary as she got up and joined the girls.

Beatrice watched them dance for a while, then looking down at her drink, getting lost in her thoughts as she stared at the water. Suddenly someone sat down next to her. Beatrice looked up to see who the person was but, to her surprise, it was a complete stranger.

-Hi. I saw you coming in earlier and I wanted to buy you a drink. Is that okay?, said the girl.

-Oh, uhm. I don't drink. I'm sorry., replied Beatrice with a plain smile.

-That's okay. Is that my cue to leave or would you like some company?, asked the stranger.

Beatrice replied with a shrug.