Animal Time

Every morning and every night they recited the words for their project, wands over their hearts, holding hands. Harry could feel the second heart beat manifesting while he said the words and Draco had said he felt it too, slowly getting stronger. Harry had asked if Ron was still on track for the transformation, he confirmed that, just like Harry and Draco, he too was feeling a second heartbeat. The weeks leading up to that saturday had been intense, Hermione had the funeral for her parents and everyone showed up, even Ginny had popped back just for the day, Theo didn't come but he was in court trying to get clearance for a curse breaker to enter an old mansion in spain he was turning into housing of sorts for werewolves in the area, but was coping a lot of backlash due to his father's association. Hermione understood and didn't hold it against the bloke, happy to see someone fighting the cause she too had been helping Lavender fight in Britain. Draco was worried about his mother more and more, he didn't talk about it much but Harry could tell he was worried, Harry just didn't understand why. 

They were sitting at the 8th year table that saturday morning when the post came and a familiar owl landed in front of Draco. Harry recognised Andy's owl as it usually landed in front of him with news on his godson, this time it dropped two letters on Dracos plate before flying off with a triangle of toast from the table. Draco handed one of the envelopes to him while he unfurled his own letter from Andy. Harry read his,

Dearest Harry,

Teddy is doing well though he screams POTTAH! when he misses you, likely thanks to young Draco no doubt. I was hoping to visit you in Hogsmeade today at lunch time, well really I need to speak with Draco, just some family things but thought it would be nice for you to spend some time with Teddy while we chat. 

Just send a patronus with your answer if tomorrow is more convenient I am also available then.

Much love,

Andromeda and Teddy x.

He finished the letter and read it again...

"Did Andy ask you to lunch today?" He asked Draco quietly, he gave Harry a look that asked 'How did you know?' Which Harry just handed over his letter for Draco to read.

"Yeah she is becoming worried for Mother too I think she wants to ask me about her." Draco explained.

"Well should I tell her we will see her at lunch?" Draco just nodded in response, the pensive look on his face giving him a far off look. Harry knew he was worried for his mother but having Andy worried after her made Harry feel uneasy. He had to some degree assumed that Draco was a bit of a mummas boy and had attributed his 'worry' as that he just missed her as his reasoning always remained that she was lonely or alone. Normally he would understand but she and Lucius were under house arrest together and not that he wanted to think about Draco's parents in an unsavoury way but what could two people who are in love do when they are stuck with each other alone. It couldn't honestly be the worst kind of imprisonment, he had been sure that his mum was just taking advantage of the 'alone time' but wasn't about to say that. Now with Andy becoming worried it made something stab in his chest like guilt, he should have taken Draco's concern more seriously.

He quickly summoned his Patronus and sent their answer to Andy to see her later that day, Harry watched as Draco subtly rubbed at his left arm where his mark was, something Harry had noticed he did often when stuck in melancholy thoughts. Harry had been pleasantly surprised by all that he had learned about Draco in the time they had been friends then lovers, all the things he had once disliked where being seen differently, perspective was a bitch at times but more importantly was the things he never knew about the prat. He was a quiet reader in private, not as loud and showy and since being with Harry that side of him had become less private. This lead him to believe he had been putting it on in his youth, or had matured with age. He was thoughtful and considerate, he remembered everything and as such was sometimes an overthinker as he would have to consider every facet before making a decision. Harry wondered if he had always been this way or if it were his response to the trauma he endured during the war. This meant Draco didn't like making opinions on things he didn't fully understand so Harry should have seen that he had likely considered everything and had his opinion for a reason.