99' to 2000'

December 31st 1999

Everyone was going to be there, at the New year's ball at Hogwarts that evening, Hermione might have normally been nervous about the event but, she would glimpse the ring on her finger. She had not told anyone yet, choosing to get used to the idea first.

She had never thought she would be the girl who jumped into things, Blaise just made it easier to shut off her brain and feel. She loved her brain and he loved her brain but, he loved her spirit too and he loved her body and she felt like as long as he did that, nothing else really mattered. That wouldn't stop her and when they had actually talked about it afterwards, he had said that to him marriage didn't mean she had to change anything. Her goals were important to him too and he wouldn't want her to sacrifice a thing to marry him.

He should just be a "Happy bonus" in her life.

He told her when she had worried that his mother had not given her permission that he would not have the ring to give her if she had not already approved.

So, she wasn't nervous about the event. She would have Blaise there by her side, she wouldn't be alone or with the wrong person. There really was nothing to worry about.

Narcissa ended up helping the girls in her room acting as beautician and seamstress, she did everyone's hair and make-up and also added alterations to their dresses as they all chose to wear muggle dresses. The boys were all getting ready in whatever room they had commandeered while the girls were one by one styled to perfection.

Molly and Andy had been done first. Molly was wearing a shimmery burgundy dress that Narcissa had transfigured and altered for her, it had three quarter sleeves and a three-quarter length. She had a lovely updo and her make-up was beautifully subtle, it honestly made the woman look 10 years younger and Molly had almost cried and ruined it when she saw herself.

Hermione heard her make a comment to Andy that she was lucky they couldn't have anymore or after tonight the Weasleys might have grown in size again.

Andy, was in a full-length black dress, which had a similar lace bodice and three-quarter sleeves style as Molly's whole dress. Her hair had been styled into loose curls, putting on simple make-up charms to emphasize her natural features. A trick learned by all pureblood lady's.

Fleur was next and as expected she looked gorgeous. She had a baby blue dress that sat like a princess gown subtly. The bodice was an impressive mosaic of blue and white crystals that delicately bled into the tool skirt that reached the floor, she looked like a goddess.

Luna and Hannah were next, Narcissa had opened her wardrobe to everyone and was customizing the items they chose unless they already had a dress or Narcissa thought she could do better in Molly's case. Everyone else was looking through the items while each person took their turn and revealed themselves.

Hannah came out looking like a delicate hippy ballerina with here white lace top with long flowing sleeves and teal tutu that went to below her knee her nude heels giving the illusion of her on her toes. Luna had let Narcissa choose her whole outfit and looked like she was wearing a dress made from purple butterflies', It was perfectly whimsical like Luna but understated unlike if Luna had picked herself. She looked beautiful.

Astoria and Pansy were the next and she was stunned from the shift into sex appeal. She knew it was Narcissa's way of encouraging pureblood women to step out of the shadows and be a bit more because even though the dresses oozed sexiness they were still classy.

Astoria with her raven hair and blue eyes was already striking in her appearance but, Narcissa had made her look the part of a queen. Her floor length gown was entirely sapphire blue sequins making her glimmer, the slit to the thigh was a nice touch and it hugged her curves amazingly. Leo was one lucky young man.