Wayward friends and Werewolf friends.

Ronald Weasley woke on saturday morning anxious for that night, it was a full moon that night and while he was a little excited to begin the Animagi project with Harry that, he was more worried for Lavender. She had been trying to hide her own anxiety over the week, though Ron could tell, she had spent over a year transforming every month, doing it this time in the grounds of Hogwarts was grating at her nerves. Not only had she been turned here in the first place, but her first year didn't always go smoothly when she forgot her potion or took it to close to the transformation process. 'What if something goes wrong?' She had kept musing, she insisted McGonagall use the same protocols for her as Remus had while he was at Hogwarts as a student but McGonagall wouldn't hear of it, explaining that Professor Lupin had stayed in his office while a Professor due to the potion that she was taking. Lavender knew she was safe, but the trauma of actually being bitten still seemed to play on her mind at times. Ron dressed and made his way down to breakfast with the girls, he hoped to catch up with Harry and see about getting together to do the Mandrake leaf, once he got to the table for the 8th years however, he saw there were some notable missing people. Harry, Malfoy, Zabini, Parkinson and Hermione were notably gone from the table while every other 8th year was present and chatting among themselves.

"Notice anyone missing?" He muttered to his two companions, wondering where they could be and if they were all together. Thinking of Harry and Hermione hanging around with a bunch of snakes really had him furious. What were they doing that he and others couldn't be a part of it. Once again, he felt like he was missing something, and he needed to work harder on his plan to discredit Malfoy and get back in good with Harry. There had been times he recognized he had walked away from his support of his best friend, he always came back though, saw reason in the end. He needed Harry to do the same, Harry however was still distant and not seeing reason, and now, with Hermione on the wagon, he was worried he'd never get his best mate back. Though with a huff, Ron figured that just makes Harry a shit mate. He at least was able to admit when he was wrong and seek forgiveness, not double down on a shit idea.

"Goyle is still here. Think he's eyes for Malfoy like usual?" Lavender mused quietly next to him, "Where do you think they are?" Ron had no answer but thought if he tried, he might hear something.

"Let's see if anyone else knows something." He pulled out his handy extendible ear he got from George before the train ride to Hogwarts. He directed the ear to listen in on the remaining Slytherins first, but Goyle and the frenchy guy were talking about magical food combinations enthusiastically. He moved the ear to worm its way towards other conversations until he got to Hannah and Susan talking to Neville, Seamus, and Dean.

"Did they make it alright, do you think?" Hannah asked,

"Harry said he had everything organised, and it was only a party of five, but I doubt he will bother sending an owl to say he made it safe. They are all probably eating a French breakfast in whatever fancy Chateau Ginny secured them. She reckons they all know the owner so Draco won't be turned away and Harry won't be ogled while he's there so I hope they are having fun Draco said he was going to get me some sweets that is like chocolate silk. Pansy also said she was going to surprise me with something French because I couldn't go." Neville informed those around him.

"Lucky buggers getting to go to Paris, I'm so jealous. Wish I could have gone." Susan cooed petulantly.

"How romantic." Dean scoffed, giving Seamus a knowing look and flicking it to the others as they snickered to themselves.

"Leave them alone." Neville admonished.

"Please, those two were so wrapped up in each other coming out that they didn't even notice ours, even in the weeks that followed." Dean defended.