Halloween.

Halloween was rapidly approaching and Harry was busy with the animagi project and Quidditch practice on top of his normal school work and now the upcoming Halloween party. The last combination party had gone off without a hitch, well aside from Ron and Hermione splitting at the end. Headmistress McGonagall was happy to allow them another party and Pansy and Neville had been happy to help with this one allowing them some 'alone time'. He was happy for his friends, Pansy was good for Neville and vice versa, they made a beautiful couple, he felt so much warmth watching them together. Ron and Hermione on the other hand was an entirely different story, while the dynamic of their relationship hadn't changed they both looked like they were just acting a part. As their closest friend he could tell the difference, even if others couldn't, he reassured Blaise with this, it was how he had guessed they were in rocky territory from the train to Hogwarts. 

There was no warmth between Hermione and Ron, it was like an icy abyss, this could actually wind up reaffirming that they were meant to remain friends or ruin them completely. Normally that would lead to Harry being stuck in the middle never really knowing where to turn, now with how Ron had acted towards Draco he wasn't so sure about being in the middle. If Ron kept up his stupid prejudice against Draco, Harry wasn't so sure about his childhood friend. He didn't want to give up on his friend he just didn't fancy who the git grew up to be. Between letting the fame of being integral to the demise of Voldemort get to him and then acting as if the war was still going on, he had become a bit of a prick. 

Every lunch he and Draco would go down to put the dew in their vials, one silver teaspoon per day for seven days, Ron had joined them in this task from day one and hearing him talk about Hermione the way he was, was grating his nerves. 'Guy talk' had never fancied him and Gryffindor weren't known for their locker room banter as their were girls on the team. He had heard a few crude things in his time and that had been enough to know that he didn't like it. The worst part was witnessing the shift in attitude now they were back together, he was acting as if she had come crawling back and he was a shoe in for more if he played his cards right. Harry knowing what Ron was really in the relationship for felt sick at the thought of him trying to weasel his way into her pants before everything blew up in his face. Did all he think about was sex, Harry knew he was a healthy young man and all men and women have urges but Ron acted like it was some kind of race, Harry was happy letting it happen .... naturally. He would just know when the time was right to take things there but for now, no matter how much he wanted to do it, he would have to wait for it to be right for both of them.

There was only two days until the party and he had plenty to do, it was friday so a full day of classes then to Hogsmeade to get the drinks for the night and the kitchen to make sure the food was right. He was taking over tonight so Pansy and Neville could go on a date in which he was fairly certain Neville was going to beat Ron at the whole virginity thing. He just hoped Neville would be able to live up to Pansy's hype on finding a connection with someone in that way. After all she was no virgin and with the way Draco had told him about what Pansy thinks of sex, he hopes for Nevs sake that he could pull it off. He was thinking about this as he made his way down to the potions classroom after lunch with Ron and Draco listening to Ron brag exaggeratedly about how he and Hermione were doing since getting back together. It occured to Harry that Ron was trying to convince him that he and Hermione were back to normal, he wanted back into Harry's confidence. Cutting Ron off from his tangent about how he was hoping to take Hermione out on a date with a hopeful happy ending to the date.

"You know Hermione is like a sister to me so I want to hear this about as much as you would enjoy hearing about Ginny and her.... er.... love life. Not to mention I don't think you really want to hear about my love life, all things considering." Harry told Ron waving absently to Draco who like always was quiet and trying to be like he wasn't even there. Draco tensed at the mention of their love life and what Harry had meant about telling Ron. Ron looked like he was holding back a disgusted look and seem convincingly unaffected by the idea of knowing intimacies between Harry and Draco.