Chapter 6

Laxmi ( POV )

2 weeks later.

" And why am I in the center of the round table discussion? " asked samrat. We wanted some answers so dragged him here. And him being him is talking nonsense.

" Tell us what you know and how much you know? " asked Aditya, who for the first time I saw had enough and is showing a side which I saw ages ago.

" What you guys want me to tell you ? What do you want to know? " he asked , the guy who can read our thoughts is asking what we want to know from him.

" A few months ago you didn't even want to fight for yourself ....you left us then what changed your decision? " I asked him. " Cause I want to fight for myself now ...have to pay rukshar for therapy. " he said still trying to play cool.

" You said you know khurana's...you arranged an invitation for us to go to that party. " Said Arnav to samrat and now he is silent, he just nodded.

" You can't say that you don't know about the family members of Mr khurana or the person who is recently running the company . " asked Aditya in an angry tone.

" I was in jail....what happened in between I have no idea about it. " Said. Samrat keeps the same innocence. " How would I know that the daughter of Mr khurana looks like khushi? " he said and I think he is right.

" You said you don't cry for people who are alive...." asked Aditya to him.
" It's not easy to believe what you said but I didn't mean to say anything
else. " he said and this time he was just looking towards me.

" It's a pure coincidence that Mr khurana's daughter looks like
khushi. " Said samrat . And all the hopes in our hearts just extinguished just like that.

" Well , if you're saying that it wasn't her....then maybe it wasn't her. " Said bhabi looking sad. " How is my momo? Is she alright? " asked sam to Zoya bhabi.

" Not good, I don't know what to do ? My family has gone back to the place where it was before. " She said and I know little about what she meant by her statement.

" I was just trying to cheer Arnav up but guess our plan failed. " Said samrat. " I was soo happy... for a moment I thought my sister was alive, I thought somehow she had survived the incident. Someone has saved her." I told them , I could hardly contain the tears in my eyes.

" Calm down Laxmi , we will miss khushi, but we have to walk forward. We can't live in the past forever can we ? " asked sam , he is right but it's just so hard to walk forward when the past is pulling you back all the time.

" By the way, where is Arnav ? Is he alright? He must be very disturbed. " Said Zoya bhabi. " He is fine. He was a little disturbed but now he is fine. He went to attend a meeting. We are competing for a big project, he went for that meeting. " Said samrat to Zoya bhabi.

" In fact Aditya Bhai and Laxmi let's go in the office and see how things are going . " Said samrat. We all agreed since we are also very worried about the deal. It's very important for our company.

So we didn't waste another minute and left for the company. As we entered our office , we saw many companies'CEOs sitting together. Arnab is still doing great.

We went and sat next to him. " How is everything? " asked samrat to him. " I think we can get it...." Said Arnav with a smile. Well , if he thinks it's possible then I am sure that we can do it.

" 5 crore rupees" came a voice and as we turned we saw her ..... Karishma khurana. She is in a formal dress today with a high ponytail, she walked in her high heels. I still remember how much Khushi used to hate high heels...guess she is a different woman.

She walked in and said " sorry I am late or the project would have been mine ages ago. " She said and sat on a chair. She handed her googles to her assistant.

" Day dreaming is good but not healthy for everyone. " Said Arnav to her. " Confidence, I like it. But Mr sen you don't know something about me, I love to break confidence. " She said with a icy cold voice.

And than the battle started, no one ready to let the project go. And why do I feel like samrat is loving the show ? It was still uncertain who will win and who will lose.

" Give up Mr sen , kahi signal pe katora lekar bethana na pare. " taunted Karishma in a low voice. Arnab said nothing and kept raising the price. At last it was ' 10 crore ' rupees for a 54 lakhs project.

" You know what you can have it. " Said Arnav and we can see the change of colour in Karishma's face. " And the project goes to khurana company" came the hosts voice. " Congress" said Arnav and stood up.

" You were just raising the price...you didn't want the project...did you? " asked Karishma to Arnav. " Soo smart....so katora hai ki...you want me to buy one for you. " asked Arnav.

" You can't do it ..." she was going to say something but Arnav interrupted her. " I just did... Khurana group took my land , where I was planning to open a school for kids in name of my late wife. But khurana group wanted that land only...so I took a little revenge. " Said Arnav and it's nice to see him back in his form.

" Hope your happy with your purchase, did I mention that the land you just bought for the project remains flooded for like 5 to 6 months...I didn't. Well now you know. " Said Arnav to Karishma.

" Mr sen , don't think I can't stand infront of you cause I am a girl. I will answer you. And you will know who am I. " Said Karishma and left.

" Well , will wait to see .." said Arnav, why is he having so much fun ? What's in his mind ? God please save me or I will go crazy.