Chapter 72

When Jisung woke up, he got a sudden shock of stress.

He raised up abruptly, before waddling to the bathroom.

He looked at himself in the mirror, trying to decipher his appearance.

He looked for minutes, trying to search for anything that could be weird, trying to make sure he was indeed in a good state.

He felt good, not dizzy or anything. He was in good health, he didn't have to stress it more.

He breathed out, reassured.

Minho hadn't hurt him in his sleep.

Going back to the room, he looked around.

Nothing had moved since last night, especially Minho's gun, which was still at the same spot, untouched.

He felt reassured.

Turning to Minho, he noticed how the boy was still sleeping, holding Jisung's pillow tightly, most probably because he left his hold as he stood up.

He was ready to go down and start his day, but he got concerned when Minho frowned.

He frowned painfully, his breath picking up.

He started muttering to himself, mostly whines.

He looked hurt, and that pained Jisung.

He approached him slowly, and noticed how he started moving, turning a bit.

Whatever it was, his nightmare seemed to take a toll on him. Just as it used to.

He felt saddened by that.

He didn't know where he found compassion. He didn't know since when he was this affected by other people's struggles. But now, he sighed. And he sat on the bed.

He passed a hand through Minho's hair, and felt how sweaty it was. Minho was burning.

There was nowhere he fighted more than in his own mind, and that hurt to see.

He laid down beside him, hand wrapping around his head to delicately pull him to his chest, his hands caressing both his hair and his cheek soothingly.

He cradled him, trying to hum softly.

Uncounsciously, Minho's hand wrapped around his forearm, holding him as if he would fall if he didn't.

Jisung delicately pressed a kiss on the hand, and continued his soft cradling.

Until Minho finally woke up, hardly breathing as he fell into a sob.

Jisung held him tight, not leaving his side one minute, not releasing his grip.

He let the boy cry on his shirt for a moment, letting him take off all the negative feelings that a grew during the night.

Slowly, Minho sat up, still sniffing. He was a bit out, staring right in front of him as he tried to ground himself.

Jisung passed a hand on his back softly, before deciding to stand up.

He grabbed his medication, a bottle of water before putting it on his lap. Minho automatically grabbed it to take it, eyes still staring in front of him.

When he did, Jisung decided to sit right in front of him, softly holding his hand.

Minho's gaze was so empty.

When he discarded the bottle, Jisung decided to lean in.

Softly, he gave a peck on the boy's lips.

As he leant back, he could watch how Minho's eyes had finally come back, he was looking at him, and his neutral face finally turned to a little sad smile.