Chapter 21

The night was dark, and Minho didn't sleep much usually.

But here he was, sleeping but sweaty, tossing and turning.

He could hear children giggling, all he could see was blurry, and there was kids running around a garden.

Until it turned dark, and all he could see was scary corridors, and sounds of people crying, screaming, in pain.

He could feel himself shivering, the fear tetanizing him, until he fought out of it, and started running. He ran, only driven by the scare he had.

He could see himself older, staring in front of a mirror. 

He was reajusting his tie, making himself look older and confident.

He was anxious, but proud of himself.

He could see his leader, as the latter try his hardest to teach him.

"You're not listening, are you ?" Seungho said, staring at him.

"S-Sorry" Minho would respond, always stuttering.

"I know you're still a kid, but you're the one I count on, Minho" Seungho said firmly 

"I'm not a kid" Minho responded, frowning.

"You are, but it's okay. You'll grow strong and smart" Seungho chuckled, shuffling his hair while Minho groaned in annoyment.

"Thank you for saving my life" Hyunjin had said, crying like a toddler as he looked up at him.

"And mine" Changbin had added, too prideful to accept crying.

Minho had only chuckled, hiting their shoulders lightly .

"If anything happens to me, do what I told you to do"

"I will"  "I promise"

It was always the same scene that repeated again and again.

He could hear himself breathing loudly, panic and shattered, as he tried his hardest to move out of the ropes around him.

He could feel the panic raising more and more, as the blood on the carpet continued spreading.

He could hear the voice of that man, who did his best to destroy him mentally.

"I'll take the power over here, and you won't be able to do anything"

And he could hear himself scream Seungho's name loudly, upon witnessing how his life was taken.

He sat on his bed abruptly, feeling as if his lungs had stopped working for a moment.

He coughed loudly, trying to find back his breath as he gripped his sheets tightly, trying to ground himself in reality.

He looked at his hands, his palms so sweaty droplets of water emanated.

He hated it, he hated waking up like that.

Pushing his covers out of him, he hurried to join the bathroom, wanting nothing more than take a long shower.

He stood up with a groan, annoyed.

Sometimes, nevrosis took a toll on him, and his heart couldn't stop beating loudly. He hated feeling like that.

He grabbed the pills he had for those kind of episodes, pushing some into his hand before taking it quickly, without water, hurrying for his brain to calm down.

Dressed, perfumed and ready for his day to start, he felt a lot better.

He walked down the stairs, already hearing Hyunjin's loud laugh from the kitchen.

He shook his head with a little smile.

"Yo boss" Hyunjin said, smiling.

"Boss, you have a message" Felix said, pointing at Minho's personal phone.

"I'll check that in a minute" Minho smiled at him "Have you eaten breakfast already ?"

Felix pursued his lips.

"Changbin !" Minho screamed in the house.

"What ?!" He could hear from afar.

"Come here quickly" He called.

Changbin bolted, worriedly, until he noticed Minho's mocking smile and he sighed.

"Force some food into the chick's system, will you ?" Minho asked.

Changbin softened, looking at Felix who looked annoyed to be babied.

"Pancakes is okay for you ?" Changbin asked the younger, smiling.

Felix only nodded, smiling softly.

Minho watched as Changbin and Felix started preparing the pancakes, while Felix nagged Changbin for breaking an egg out by making it fall to the ground.

"Slept well ?" Hyunjin asked, looking slyly.

Minho hummed in response, sitting next to him to have coffee.

"I think I heard you scream" Hyunjin admitted while muttering, trying to read his friend and leader.

"There was an insect in my room" Minho shrugged.

"You okay ?" Hyunjin asked again, full of concern.

Minho smiled at him, sincerely moved.

"No worries" He reassured, before pushing his head "Now drink your coffee and get back to work".

"Remember your phone, Boss !" Felix yelled.

"Oh, right" Minho said, picking his phone.

He sighed loudly while opening his messages, rolling his eyes before putting his phone down once again.

"What is it ?" Hyunjin asked curiously.

"Just Jisung" He shook his head.

"On your personal phone ?!" Hyunjin gasped, shocked.

"It's not work-related" Minho sighed.

"What did he say ?" He asked with a smirk, curious to have more matter to tease him.

"He sent me a link" Minho responded, putting more sugar in his coffee.

"What is it ?!" He asked

"There is no way in hell I'm opening it" Minho chuckled "If it's another link for some Amazon's purchase of weird stuff, or a porn video of stuff he'd like to try, I'm gonna get insane"

Hyunjin laughed loudly at that.

"Just fuck the boy" Changbin said, amused.

"Nah" Minho chuckled.

"Why are you acting as if you weren't super flustered that last time ?" Hyunjin teased.

"I'm not flustered, dumbass" Minho narrowed his eyes "I'm a man and I didn't fuck in years, now. Tease me too much and I'll dive in, obviously" He rolled his eyes.

"I'm already praying for Jisung's ass" Felix responded, giggling to himself.

"He'll get that leader's dick" Hyunjin added.

The kitchen filled with teasing and mocking chuckles, while Minho could only shake his head, amused.