Chapter 30

"So yeah, that's how I killed my dad" Jisung explained, sipping calmly his tea as Chan pressed a frozen pack on his face.

They were sitting at the table of the kitchen, over some tea Chan had made for everyone.

Minho was watching Ryujin, as the latter sighed loudly, getting eaten by guilt.

"I'm sorry... I shouldn't have-" Ryujin said, clearing her throat when her voice came out raspy "It isn't your responsability, I don't why nor what washed over me"

"It's okay" Jisung smiled cutely "It doesn't matter, I'm all good !" 

"With a messed up face, but yeah" Minho added.

"I'm still pretty, aren't I ?" He batted his eyelashes at Minho.

Minho rolled his yes, muttering something inaudible as he sipped his tea.

"No but, really" Ryunjin interrupted "Jisung, I didn't know you killed your own dad. I'm grateful, really. I'm sorry I hit you so much when you shouldn't have. I should have remembered when Minho told me you were secluded back then"

"And I'm telling you, it's okay. I need more than that to be affected by any pain, and if you needed a punchingball, I'm glad it was at least someone that could take it." He smiled.

"You're an angel" She said, smiling softly.

"I know" Jisung sassily responded.

"This is gonna take some time to scar, Ji" Chan said, moving the ice pack around his face.

"I scar quickly" He shrugged "In a week, it'll be gone"

A knock at the house was heard, and Minho stood up.

"Must be Changbin" Minho said, turning to Ryujin "Let's go ?"

"He's bringing me home ?" She asked, blinking.

"Yep, your bodyguard is ... out for a moment" Minho said, walking the girl to the door.

"Bye Jisung ! Bye Chan, thanks for the tea" She said softly, smiling sadly.

"BYYE!" Jisung exclaimed, waving at her.

Chan nodded, smiling back.

As they left, Minho walked back to the kitchen, crossing his arms at him.

"And, am I gonna know who that girl was ...?" Chan asked.

"Jisung will explain as I leave" Minho interrupted "Jisung, about what you just did-"

"Well, I know it's kinda stupid to let someone hit you, but like, I'm not mad at myself. Ryu was in pain and I don't mind a few hits. I don't think I broke any social rules or leader ones, and even if I did, I don't think I care much about it" He said, cutting him off.

"No" Minho shook his head "Quite the contrary"

"Huh ?"

"What you did was very ... human" Minho said, face neutral.

"Oh ?" Jisung smiled.

"Ryu is in pain, yes. Letting her hit you when you know so less about her, and cared about her not being hurt, it's very thoughtful. Thank you Jisung, really" Minho said softly, giving him a ghost of a smile.

"Fuck me as a thank you ?" Jisung asked, playful.

Chan slapped the back of his head.

"Shut up" Minho chuckled "I'll get going, and I guess I'll see you two soon enough in a meeting"

"Or in a bedroom" Jisung winked at Minho.

"Or in hell" Minho narrowed his eyes at him.

"Hot"

When Minho left, Chan couldn't help but frown at Jisung.

"What ?" Jisung asked

"You should watch out more" Chan mumbled, sitting next to him.

"What ? Nothing happened" He shrugged.

"It could" Chan shrugged "We never know, Jisung. I know you're kind-hearted, but don't let it ruin you either" Chan said

"It's okay, I evaluated the situation. Ryujin wasn't any harm. She didn't have any weapon or anything, and I know she's kind" Jisung reassured.

"Right..." He responded.

"Is there something else ?" Jisung asked, tilting his head to the side.

"I don't... like ... Minho" Chan admitted.

"Why ?" Jisung asked, curious

"I don't know" Chan shrugged "I just don't feel him"

"I would like to feel him" Jisung whined

"Ji, I'm being serious" Chan rolled his eyes.

"No but, he's soft-hearted too" Jisung smiled "He told me about his past-life. How he's parentless, has been through shit, learned how to be a nice leader who does nice actions, has been through grief with his ex-leader and all" He explained softly

"Grief ?" Chan asked.

"Jisuk killed his leader, who was somehow a parental figure for him. He watched him die" Jisung explained "Ryujin, she's his daughter. She's been suffering from all of this her entire life, and Minho is watching over her, as he promised to him"

"Wow" Chan responded, feeling sad for him.

"He's a good guy" Jisung smiled  "I like the human he is" 

"That's true" Chan nodded "Is he okay with me knowing, though ?"

"Of course, you're my team" Jisung rolled his eyes "Betraying his trust would be telling this outside of Roses"

"Mmh"  Chan said, observing Jisung's expression "But you... Do you trust him ?"

"Yeah, yeah I do"