Chapter 50

Minho watched as Jisung got his wound patched up.

They had arrived safely back at the house, Jisung hadn't lost that much blood and Minho was staring desperately.

He knew he was in safe hands, he knew he was strong, but he still couldn't help but feeling his stomach churn.

He had called Hongjoong, asking for his doctor, Yunho, that was one of the best he knew. He needed the best doctor for Jisung.

"Everything's good" Yunho stated "He's all patched up"

"Finally" Jisung groaned.

"Can't believe this guy stay awake during surgery" He said

"Han is a special one" Minho said, smiling lightly "Thank you, Yunho"

As soon as Yunho left, Chan was the first one to run to Jisung, asking him tons of question regarding his state.

The others followed suit, all of them making sure he was indead breathing, and still ready to annoy the shit out of them.

"Next time you forget about your jacket, I'm killing you myself" Chan threatened.

"Sorryyyy" Jisung smiled.

"I'll be really honest, but when we arrived with Changbin, you were literally falling on Minho. I thought you were dead for a moment" Hyunjin stated, trying to humor it.

"Judging from Minho's state of shock, I thought the same" Changbin nodded.

"I thought Minho was going to die" Jisung responded.

"What ?" Jeongin asked.

Minho sighed.

"They were targetting me" Minho joined in, weakly.

"You took a bullet for him ?" Seungmin asked, impressed.

"He had a bulletproof jacket" Chan nagged.

"But no helmet" Jisung shrugged.

"They were pointing at my head, Jisung jumped to take it on the stomach" Minho, raised his head, glaring down at Jisung "And you fucking idiot, a second later and you'd have taken it on the chest, in the lungs or in the heart. Are you fucking unconscious ?"

"I like living in danger" Jisung chuckled, wincing when it hurt his stomach.

"He's going to make me die from a heart attack" Chan sighed.

"Don't be too mad" Hyunjin smiled at Minho "A few years ago, you did the exact same to me"

"Yeah..." He responded, sounding airy.

They noticed Minho's weird mood, as they interpreted it as guilt.

Minho was shaken up, and they decided that he maybe needed some alone time with Jisung. So after joking a bit more, and kissing Jisung better, they left the living room.

"Bring me to bed ?" Jisung asked, playful.

Minho nodded, approaching and holding him behind his knees and waist. He carried him princess like, over cautious of every little move he did.

"I suppose you'll not fuck me as long as I'm hurt ?" Jisung pouted.

"No way" Minho responded, lightly smiling at how silly he was.

"Stop being so worried" Jisung frowned, putting his fingers on the corner of his lips and pushing it up.

Delicately making him lay on the bed, he grabbed a few pillows to surround Jisung, making him lay so he wouldn't turn on his stomach.

"Thank you, Min" Jisung said softly.

He sighed, sitting next to him on the bed and caressing his cheek softly.

"Does it hurt ?" He whispered.

"Not really" Jisung smiled "You know me"

"I know it does" He responded

"It does a bit, but nothing I can't handle, really" Jisung insisted, noticing Minho wasn't getting reassured.

"Promise you'll be gentle to yourself for the next days ? You need to recover" Minho asked, almost pleading.

"Of course" Jisung smiled "I wouldn't be too happy to spend more time laying down"

"Good" Minho said.

The scene couldn't stop repeating in his mind. It was awful.

He pressed his eyes close, sighing.

"I'm sorry" Minho muttered, shameful "I should have been more cautious"

He reopened his eyes as he felt a hand on his cheek, caressing his skin.

He put his hand over Jisung's, approaching it to kiss it.

"There is no need, I'm all good" He said, getting interrupted by a yawn "I guess I just need a good night of sleep"

Minho passed a hand through his hair, cherishing him.

"Sleep for me, mmh ?" He asked softly.

"Should I dream ?" Jisung asked, smiling fondly.

"Dream as much as you want, love" Minho said, leaning in to press a kiss on his lips "I won't let anything happen to you anymore" He muttered against him

"Mmh" He hummed, stealing another kiss "Thank you, Min"

Minho watched as Jisung closed his eyes, while he caressed his hair soothingly.

He continued, observing each one of his features as he fell asleep.

From his pretty nose, to his soft lashes, and the round cheeks that made him so cute.

He watched his rosy pouty lips, the softness of it making him unconsciously wet his lips a few times.

For an hour or so, he stayed there. He watched over him, as well as he caressed his hair, pushing it away from his face.

Something switched in him, today.

He looked once more at the bandage orning his stomach, wincing at the sight, before looking back at his pretty face.

Slowly to not wake him up, he leaned closer.

He pressed his lips lovingly against his forehead, pressing his eyes closed.

"I love you" He mumbled, the words coming from the deepest of his soul.

He could hear his light snoring, slightly amused by it, as he leaned back.

Discreetly to not wake the boy up, he stood up from the bed, watching him one last time before escaping the room for a minute.

Walking in his office, he closed the door, letting his back fall on the door to take a huge breath.

He pressed his eyes close again, feeling awful. 

He sighed, trying to have some courage, as he approached his desk.

He grabbed his keys, opening the drawer.

He looked at the paper for a bit more, the weight of the world falling on him once again.

And he sighed.

He grabbed his lighter, watching as the flame danced between his fingers.

Until he approached it from the paper, reducing it to dust.

He knew it was scanned somewhere, he knew it was more symbolic than anything else.

But as much as it pained him, he felt freed.

Now, he could join Jisung in bed. Cradle him and cherish him.