Chapter One

It was a Wednesday afternoon and all you could think about as your teacher rambled on was how you would give anything for the ability to speed time. You hadn't thought it was possible for a person to be this boring before entering this class. Not even his voice was entertaining and all he did was read word for word off a slideshow. Unfortunately he wasn't kind enough to post that slideshow so you had to take notes.

You were still in the process of trying to find the right bribe for your friend Kuroo to give you his notes since he had the same teacher last year. You knew he would break soon enough if you just kept trying.

"Y/n, draw a lily on my arm right here." your friend Kayo said, pointing to a place on her forearm. You raised an eyebrow in question over why she would want that.

"I'm trying to decide if that spot is the right placement for my tattoo or not. I want to get an idea before next week." Kayo whispered in explanation. "Besides, you can't really tell me you are interested in whatever he is rambling on about." she added, gesturing towards your teacher.

"Fair enough. Pass your arm." you said, pulling out a pen from your pencil case. You had been taking notes but you knew you could manage to somehow get Kuroo's notes which would make yours useless anyways.

You began to doodle on Kayo's arm. You loved art, you always had. Since your school required each student to join a club you had gladly chosen the art club, which you were planning on doing even if it hadn't been required.

You had even managed to drag your best friend Kayo to join with you. She didn't mind though since the commitment hours were significantly less than any other club. She had claimed that you had saved her from being forced to join her brothers volleyball team as manager since she didn't have any clubs she was really interested in.

Kayo's parents agreed to finally let her get a tattoo as soon as she turned seventeen, which would be next week on April nineteenth. You were sure she was going to have a pretty big get together for her birthday which you were looking forward to. Unlike Kayo you didn't go out of your way to party, but if the opportunity presented itself you were always more than happy to participate.

"What are you guys doing?" Kenma's quiet, yet judgy voice came from behind the two of you as you were halfway through your drawing. The boy sat in the desk right behind Kayo who was beside you. His blonde hair hung just above his shoulders as he slouched in his chair, you could see the dark roots where the hair dye had already faded long ago. It was only recent that he had decided to dye his hair for the first time and it had been quite an adjustment to get used to, but it really suited him well in your opinion. Kenma was probably the most quiet person you knew but you had known him for long enough that he would talk to you.

You found it funny when you would overhear people in the hallways talking about how quiet and adorable the boy was. After being close friends with Kenma for years you knew that he was one of the most judgmental assholes out there - you loved him for it though. It wasn't like he was a bad person, just not the saint everyone seemed to think.

"I'm planning out my tattoo for next week. Wanna get matching ones Kenma?" Kayo replied with a flirtatious grin.

Kenma immediately scrunched up his face in disgust. "I think I'd rather die." he said, quickly flicking a few strands of Kayo's blonde hair off his desk.

You had to hold in your laughter. Kayo's favourite thing was to do her best to get a rise out of people, and she was talented at it. You were pretty sure you could put her in a room with someone she had never met before and within five minutes she would know exactly how to push their buttons.

The funniest of them all was watching her tick off her boyfriend of three years. He went to a different school than you guys but lived not too far, the two of them had gone to middle school together. You had met him several times because he was not only Kayo's boyfriend but also friends with Kuroo and Kenma who were your friends. This guy was possibly the most calm and collected person you had ever met, yet Kayo could still get a rise out of him anytime she wanted.