Chapter Three

You and Kuroo and Kenma walked until you arrived at Kuroo's house. You sent a quick message to your mom just to let her know where you were. She wouldn't mind though, your parents liked Kuroo. It was Kayo that they didn't like, they always claimed that she was a bad influence on you and that you should stay away from girls like that. You never listened to them though, you liked hanging around Kayo and they never even gave her a chance right from the very first time they met her.

Kuroo unlocked his door and let you and Kenma enter first. His father wasn't there right now, likely at work still. Mr. Kuroo was a tall strong man, he was the lead for a construction company. Although it was a lot of physical work you were pretty sure he made a decent amount of money since he easily supported himself and his son with only one income.

You and Kenma went straight to Kuroo's room without any instructions to. You guys always hung out in his room. It was a pretty plain room, not too much stuff on the wall or stuff in general. Plus he always kept his room clean.

Kenma immediately plopped onto the floor beside the bed, sitting cross legged and leaning his back against the bed. He pulled out his DS game and continued to tackle the level of his game he had been struggling with all day.

You flopped onto Kuroo's nicely made bed, shifting the blankets a little underneath you.

"I see you two have made yourselves comfortable." Kuroo said, standing in the doorway of his bedroom after he had locked up the front door.

"Yeah, do you have snacks? I'm starving." you replied. You hadn't eaten since lunch and while Kuroo's house mostly only had healthy food as snacks, you had grown to like them quite a lot.

Kuroo sighed. "And now I'm taking orders in my own house." he stated. You just grinned innocently at him, you knew he would say yes. "Yeah, how about I shower quickly then we can make something together?" he suggested.

"That sounds good. Thank you Testu." you replied with a smile. Kuroo couldn't stop himself from smiling brightly at you. He always did when you said the shortened version his first name. While you only referred to him as Kuroo at school, when you two were alone - or alone with Kenma - you only referred to him as Tetsuro or sometimes Tetsu.

Kuroo then shuffled through his drawers for clothes before disappearing down the hallway towards the bathroom. Only a few minutes later you could hear the shower running.

You climbed off Kuroo's bed and moved to sit cross legged beside Kenma on the ground. You watched as he once again died in his level and the words 'try again' flashed on the screen of his DS.

"Can I try?" you asked.

Kenma looked over at you and nodded before handing his game over to you. You two were sitting so close that your arms were pressed against each other so he could easily see the screen as you held it without the need of moving.

You started to play his game and pretty much immediately lost. Kenma almost instantly started to giggle at your fail.

"I forgot how bad you are at video games." he said between his giggle.

You narrowed your eyes at the boy. "Hey! I get enough smack talk from Kuroo, I don't need you making fun of me too." you stated. Kenma tried but couldn't hide his small grin.

The only times you had ever seen Kenma grin was when he was playing his games, it wasn't a common sight. It was nice to see though. Kenma didn't show his happiness through his facial expressions usually, you had to look farther to know when he was happy. You liked that about him though, people couldn't just read him, they had to put in the effort to know him if they wanted to know what he was really feeling.