Chapter Six

You sat beside Kuroo at lunch and across from Kenma who had Kayo on his side. Once in a while Yaku would sit with your group but not too often. You were pretty sure that him and Kayo had an agreement not to lump together in school even though they were very close outside of school.

"Anyone want a muffin? I made them myself." Kayo asked as she pulled out a container of mini muffins.

Kenma was quick to decline but you and Kuroo both accepted one. It was pretty good and filled with flavour.

"You know I heard that muffins can be just as bad as donuts." Kuroo said as he took a bite of one. You didn't know why he felt the need to constantly share all the random facts he knew or why he knew such a large assortment of random information but Kuroo was always sharing his thoughts.

"Unpopular opinion but muffins are better than donuts." Kayo stated as she popped an entire mini muffin in her mouth.

You shook your head in disagreement. "There is no way you actually think that." you said.

"I do." Kayo insisted with wide eyes.

"They are both pretty good, I will give you that." you said, although you would still give the win to donuts if you had to choose.

Kayo nodded. "Yeah. Worst food I ever had was fish tongue. Keiji convinced me to eat it one time, he swore that it was good. It was disgusting and turns out he has never eaten it before and was just trying to get me to try it. I almost killed him." Kayo said with a slight shudder at the memory.

Kuroo chuckled a little. "I don't know why, but I can totally see Akaashi doing that. Bet you Bokuto tried it too even though you didn't end up liking it."

Kayo nodded in confirmation. "He actually liked it."

The group of you continued talking. Mostly just you, Kayo, and Kuroo talking while Kenma half listened. But that was how most of your lunches went and you loved it.

Eventually the bell rang and you all had to return to your class for the rest of the day. You took notes in class even though you were still sure you could get your hands on Kuroo's old notes anyway.

When the bell rang your hand was already hurting from writing so much stuff down but you didn't care because it was your favourite time of the day - art club.

"See you guys tomorrow." Kenma said before leaving the two of you to go find Kuroo.

"Bye Kenma!" you waved as he left.

Once Kenma was gone you and Kayo started walking towards the art hall. You had almost forgotten that there was supposed to be a guest speaker, all you really wanted to do was work on your art piece, not listen to how art had changed some strangers life. Hopefully they didn't stay for too long and you still got to work for a little before going over to Kayo's house.

"Dude I need a favour from you." Kayo said as the two of you walked. That didn't sound good, usually when the girl asked for a favour it was a big thing.

"What is it?" you asked, you would at least hear her out with an open mind before deciding if you could do it.

"Okay so me and Keiji are going to the spring fair this Saturday. He is bringing Bokuto along and I swore that I would bring a friend too. Please come out with us. I promise it will be fun." Kayo said.

You tried your best to hide your unsure look. "I don't know Kayo. I literally have talked to Bokuto maybe a total of three times. I don't know him well enough to spend the day with him. Especially if you are going to be with Akaashi the whole time." you said.

You had nothing against Bokuto, he seemed nice enough and he was friends with both Kuroo and Kayo so you were sure he was easy enough to get along with. But you didn't know him.