Chapter Nineteen

You quickly turned to face the boy who was standing behind you. Even though part of you knew that you recognized the voice you still felt yourself physically jump from the startle it gave you. But you immediately began to relax when you saw who had approached you.

"Oh Akaashi. You scared the shit out of me." you said, still feeling your heart rate slowly returning to normal. You were actually very relieved to see a familiar face even though you didn't know the boy well.

"Sorry about that." he apologized even though he really hadn't done anything wrong at all. All he did was say your name. Akaashi glanced around the empty train stop before looking back over at you confused. "What are you doing in this part of Tokyo?" he asked.

"It's kind of a long story. But there was this guy on the train giving me bad vibes and I didn't want to get off at my stop so now I have to wait for another train to bring me back to my stop." you explained.

"That's horrible. I'm sorry that happened." Akaashi replied, giving you a look of concern.

You just shrugged. It was a simply a reality of the world that things like that happened, there was nothing either of you could do to prevent it.

"Are you on your way home from school? Is Fukurodani close to here?" you asked curiously, noticing the school uniform he was still wearing. You had never been to Fukurodani before but you knew that it wasn't too far from Nekoma.

Akaashi nodded. "Yeah I was on my way home, we had a practice after school so I'm a little later than usual. Fukurodani is literally just one turn away from right here." he answered.

You knew that Fukurodani ended class a little bit earlier than Nekoma from Kayo.

Akaashi looked over at the empty train tracks then over at the neighbourhood surrounding the two of you.

"My house is only a few blocks over, why don't you walk with me and I'll give you a drive home?" he offered.

While you would be more than happy to leave the train stop and just go home, you didn't really know Akaashi well enough to ask him to go out of his way to drive you home.

"I don't mind waiting. The train will only be another forty minutes or so." you responded.

"I don't want to push and if you aren't comfortable just tell me. But I would much rather you just let me drive you home than you wait here alone for that long." Akaashi said.

The boy was definitely considerate to ensure that you were comfortable going with him. The only reason you would be uncomfortable was because you hated awkward situations when you had to carry out conversations with people you didn't know, nothing to do with Akaashi himself. You trusted that he was a decent person because of how much Kayo adored him.

"Alright, if you don't mind." you accepted.

Akaashi smiled at your response. "Of course not. Come on it's this way." he said as he gestured his head towards the sidewalk he had come from.

You nodded and left your bench to walk with Akaashi. Unlike Bokuto he was a lot quieter and had a harder time starting up a conversation.

"So did Kayo end up giving you Bokuto's number?" he asked. You didn't know if he was asking because he was actually curious or if he just needed some way to start up a conversation with you.

"She did." you answered. You didn't really know how to elaborate anymore on that.

Akaashi glanced over at you for a brief moment. "If you don't mind me asking, are you planning on texting him?" he questioned.

"Yeah I will. Or I want to. The problem is I just don't know what to text him about." you answered honestly.

Akaashi looked over at you and chuckled a little. "If that's the problem then you don't have a problem. You can text Bokuto about literally anything and he will have something to say about it. Even the most obscure topics he'll have an opinion on."