Chapter Twenty

The next morning you woke up pretty early. You noticed a message on your phone that you assumed to be Kuroo telling you him and Kenma had an early practice. But when you opened your phone you were surprised to see that someone else had messaged you instead.

Bokuto: HEY HEY!! GOOD MORNING Y/N! I WAS THINKING SINCE I AM AT YOUR SCHOOL ANYWAYS WE SHOULD HANG OUT AFTER SCHOOL! YOU CAN COME BACK TO MY PLACE AND WE CAN WORK ON HOMEWORK TOGETHER OR SOMETHING!

You squinted at the bright screen as you read the boys message. That was a lot of enthusiasm for this early in the morning. It made you wonder how Akaashi dealt with Bokuto's excitement all day long.

You still smiled at the message. You wanted to hang out with Bokuto again probably just as much as he wanted to hang out with you. His words saying that you were a pretty girl still lingered at the back of your mind making you smile even more.

Y/n: I'd have to ask my parents but it sounds fun

Bokuto: OH YAY!! I'LL SEE YOU LATER THEN! CAN'T TALK TOO MUCH I'M IN CLASS

You shook your head at your phone, almost perfectly visioning the way his eyes surely widened at those last words.

Y/n: See you

You sent a quick message to your mom asking for permission to go over to Bokuto's after school then began to get ready for the commute to school.

You headed over to Kenma's house where you and Kuroo waited for Kenma to get ready.

"So how was the practice match in Miyagi yesterday?" you questioned as the three of you began to walk to the train stop.

"It was really fun honestly. That team is kinda all over the place. And I can't explain it but I feel this strong need to win against their captain." Kuroo replied.

You laughed a little. "Well I'm glad it was fun. How about you Kenma? It wasn't too bad to go to another city to play?" you asked, looking around Kuroo to see Kenma more clearly.

Kenma shrugged. "It was alright. They had one player who was pretty interesting."

You looked over at Kuroo in shock. Kenma never really gave much praise or thought to other players on different teams. Even Bokuto and Akaashi he only really knew because of Kuroo.

Kuroo grinned. "Yeah you shoulda seen it. Kenma made a friend." he teased.

"Shut up Kuroo." Kenma responded quickly, seeming to lose interest in the conversation as he pulled out his phone and turned his attention to some mobile game on it.

"So I hear you guys are playing Fukurodani today." you stated.

Kuroo nodded. "Yeah I'm looking forward to blocking that stupid owls spikes." he chuckled. You instantly knew he was referring to Bokuto, the two of them would always try to use whatever stupid insult they could come up with on each other. "How'd you know about the match?" he asked, seeming to just register that he hadn't mentioned it to you before.

"Bokuto told me. He said he is looking forward to beating you." you answered.

Kuroo flashed a quick look of surprise that you had been talking to Bokuto but then it was replaced by his normal grin. "He said that did he? Well he is going to be very disappointed today then."

You laughed at the competitiveness between the two of them. Although you figured it came from being friends for so long.

You and Kuroo continued to chat for the rest of the trip to school while Kenma played his game. Eventually you made it to class where you, Kenma, and Kayo sat through another boring lecture. You really needed to finish that rocking horse so you could win Kuroo's notes.