Chapter Twenty-One

You continued walking down the hallway with a huge pit in your stomach. You didn't know if you needed to vomit or pass out but you were definitely feeling sick to your stomach. Why did things have to be so damn complicated?

You should have been so happy for your friend having such a lovely girl like him. But you didn't feel happy for him even a little. You hated the idea of him and Ari ever being anything. Kuroo was one of your closest friends in the entire world. In a room full of people you would run straight to him without any hesitation.

You didn't understand why you couldn't just accept that Kuroo was free to date girls. Maybe you were a lot less over your crush on him than you thought you were. But the last thing you could ever do was confess to him, that would make things so different between the two of you. You didn't want things to be different, you didn't want them to change at all to be completely honest.

You loved the dynamic between the two of you. But you didn't want to be one of those girls who were constantly hanging out with another girls boyfriend. Boyfriend? You were getting way ahead of yourself. You couldn't drive yourself crazy thinking about something that might not ever happen. For now you had to just leave things alone. At least for your own sanity you needed to just focus on the one big positive that came from your interaction with Ari. You were going to the college art gallery.

You had somehow managed to push Ari and Kuroo off of your thoughts by the time you had made it over to the volleyball gym. The art gallery was big news, you didn't need to worry about anything else.

Bokuto was sitting alone on the steps outside of the gym, in his school uniform again and now volleying a ball up in the air with perfect accuracy.

"Match over?" you asked as you approached him.

The second Bokuto heard your voice he looked over with wide eyes and a grin that reached ear to ear.

"Yeah, we won!" he replied. He stood up and tucked the volleyball comfortably under his arm.

You smiled. "A big win and I missed it?" you asked with a laugh.

Bokuto waved his hand dismissively in the air. "Nah don't worry, there'll be plenty of more wins. Besides you were busy bringing pieces of art to life."

You smiled even brighter at his words. "I'll have to come to the next one for sure. I promise I won't miss it." you assured him.

Bokuto grinned. "I'm holding you to that!"

You nodded in agreement. Truthfully you really wanted to watch a Fukurodani match. Not just because Bokuto was a close friend but also because he was a top five ace in the country and you were sure getting to see a player like that was a privilege not many got.

"So unfortunately my mom said that I'm not allowed to go to your house because you are a boy and she has never met you before. But you can come over to my place if you want." you explained.

Bokuto nodded. "Sure! Sounds good with me!" he agreed.

"Alright, it's this way." you replied with a quick wave of your hand to gesture for the boy to walk with you.

Bokuto was quick to fall in stride with you.

"So art club? I had no idea you were an artist, you get more interesting every time I learn something new about you. What kind of art do you like?" he asked, then he immediately scrunched up his face in thought. "There are different types of art right?" he added.

You couldn't help but laugh at that. "Yes there are plenty of different types of art. Actually you can think about it like how there are different positions in volleyball and then different moves you can do within that position. There are different branches of art and then different art styles and pieces within each branch." you explained.