Chapter Seventeen

When you entered your house you dropped your things off upstairs in your room where you wouldn't get in trouble for making a mess. You wished you had never brought up the art gallery to your parents to begin with, then you wouldn't have to tell them that you didn't get picked to go to it. But at least that could wait, you didn't have to tell them right now.

You decided to wait until after dinner to go over to Kenma's house but you really did want to go over, hanging out with Kenma was so calming. Plus you wouldn't mind opening up to the boy about how you were feeling. Kenma always took your feelings seriously and even though he was generally a very judgmental individual, he never made you feel judged at all.

You found the time to continue working on your painting you had been working on for weeks now before dinner. Truthfully this piece probably would have been one you would have wanted to take to the art gallery if you were going. It still needed a lot of work to be finished but that wouldn't be too difficult as long as you focused since you've already gotten so much work done on it. But that didn't matter now because you weren't going.

It was nice to finally have some time to yourself to just paint. By the time your mom called you down for dinner you were able to get a significant amount of work done on your painting. The vision you had in your head for it was really starting to come to life.

You made your way down to eat where your brother and parents were already sitting in their seats around the table.

"So how was everyone's day?" your mother asked as your family started to eat the meal she had prepared for you.

"I had a lab this morning, my lab partner wasn't there today though so I ended up working with your friends brother instead." Isamu said, glancing over at you for that last part.

"Yaku? Doesn't he usually partner up with Kuroo though?" you asked in shock. It was surprising to hear that Yaku and your brother would be working together but you had also thought that Yaku and Kuroo always paired up for school work despite acting like they hated each other.

Isamu shrugged to your question. "They weren't working together today. Kuroo was partnered with Ari, pretty sure you might know her. She is in the art club." he said.

You felt like you had been gut punched by the name alone. First she got chosen for the art gallery you had badly wanted to do and now she was working with your friend in class. You knew it was stupid and petty but you almost hated her in that moment and she hadn't really done anything to you.

"I know her." you said quickly, wanting the conversation to leave Ari.

You couldn't quite understand why or if your feelings were even valid. But you didn't like the idea of Ari hanging out around Kuroo.

"So what did you do today y/n?" your mom asked, directing the conversation to you.

"I didn't really have anything significant happen today I guess. Class was normal and I had art club after school." you replied. Other than the events at art club you really couldn't think of a single thing to tell your parents about your day.

"There must be at least something that happened today. How about art club? Any other big visitors?" your dad jumped in, urging you to add something. Sometimes you really hated family dinner talks. Why couldn't you just have a boring day? Why did there always have to be something that happened to talk about?

"Nope art club was normal." you said quickly.

"What about that college thing you were telling us about?" he asked.

"Don't know, I'll probably find out later." you answered simply, wanting nothing more than for the conversation to move away from you.

"Well you seemed pretty excited about it last week. They haven't told you anything at all about it?" your mom insisted.