Chapter Eleven

The next morning was a mess. You and Kayo were running around getting everything together for the day.

"This was the shirt I was talking about. It's cute right?" Kayo said as she held up a white top. She was right, it was very cute and definitely went well with your shorts.

"It is, thank you!" you said as she tossed it towards you. You were quick to get dressed and Kayo was as well.

The entire time the two of you were getting ready she didn't stop smiling. You weren't actually sure if it was because she was excited for you to meet her friends or if it was because she was happy to see her boyfriend again.

After a lot of running around and messy packing the two of you were finally ready. You only had to wait a few minutes before there was a knock on the door.

When Kayo opened the door the tall boy with grey and black hair stood there with a large grin. You didn't remember him being quite so big, but then again you had only met him a small handful of times.

"Hey Bokuto! This is y/n." Kayo said, as she gave him a quick hug and stepped aside to introduce the two of you.

"I know. The two of us have met before." Bokuto answered as he looked over at you. "You remember me right? I was quite loud." he asked you.

"I remember you and Kuroo doing some chest bump thing while calling each other bro or something." you replied, scrunching your face a little as you tried to remember. Truthfully that was one of the only things you had remembered about the last time you had met him because it had really stuck out in your mind and made you laugh a lot.

Bokuto began to laugh loudly. "Yeah I did do that with that stupid rooster." he replied as he continued to laugh.

You grinned a little. His laugh was a little obnoxious but you were pretty sure that most things about him were obnoxious, that was just the type of person he was.

"Keiji in the car already?" Kayo asked, jumping into the conversation.

Bokuto nodded as he stepped to the side to reveal a silver car. It was practical car. Akaashi was in the drivers seat, fiddling with his car probably pulling up directions.

"Alright, let's get going." Kayo said as the three of you stepped outside and she pulled the door shut behind the group of you.

"You want the front with Akaashi?" Bokuto asked Kayo.

She shook her head. "You take the front, I'm sitting in the back with y/n." she said.

"Alright!" Bokuto agreed as he jumped over to the passenger side. He seemed very enthusiastic about today, probably very excited. You could still feel your nerves a little but they were definitely starting to settle.

You took a seat behind Bokuto and Kayo took the one behind Akaashi. Akaashi's car smelt really good, you couldn't quite place the scent but it was comforting.

As you guys got into the car Akaashi looked over his shoulder and gave a soft smile to Kayo before turning his attention to you. "Thanks for coming out with us y/n." he said. His voice was so calming, it was almost relaxing just listening to him speak.

"I was happy to come out. I love rides!" you replied happily. You really hoped it wasn't obvious how nervous you were.

"Well either way we appreciate you allowing Kayo to drag you out. I know first hand how annoying she can be." he said.

Kayo instantly kicked the back of his seat, lurching him forward a little. Akaashi chuckled softly at the girls reaction.

"Oh boy here we go." Bokuto muttered and you couldn't help but laugh a little. You had heard from Kuroo how easily Kayo and Akaashi could get under each others skin but you were sure that Bokuto was the one who knew that better than anyone else.