Chapter Nine

You waited in the school library for quite a while until the bell was only five minutes away. You didn't want to wait in the hallways and you didn't think Kayo would be here yet. Once it was close enough to the start of class you finally made your way over towards your class.

You smiled when you saw Kuroo and Kenma standing outside your classroom. Kuroo was the first to spot you walking towards them and moved towards you with a large grin.

"There she is." he said as he approached you.

"I'm here. Unfortunately." you responded as he wrapped an arm around you to quickly squeeze you in a side hug before letting go and just walking beside you.

Kuroo was very big on physical contact, he was always hugging you in greeting. You liked it though, but it had never helped you very much when you had a massive crush on him in middle school.

Kenma looked up at you and gave you a simple "hi." He was the exact opposite of Kuroo. Him just saying hi was as much contact as you would get out of him in greeting.

"So I hear you are going to the Spring Fair tomorrow." Kuroo said.

"Jeeze news travels fast. How'd you hear that?" you asked. You had only just agreed to go yesterday and you were with Kayo almost the whole evening so she didn't have too much opportunity to tell anyone.

"Bokuto told me. We were on call yesterday and he knows I'm good friends with you so it came up." Kuroo explained.

That made more sense, Kayo had probably told Akaashi who told Bokuto who told Kuroo. You still didn't particularly like having that many people talking about you when you weren't around but it wasn't like they were saying anything bad. But if everyone knew you were going that meant you were now trapped in going, you no longer had the chance to back out.

"You can take my spot if you want to, I know you and Bokuto are good friends and I don't really mind if I go or don't." you said with a shrug. You figured Kuroo would have a better time than you and you were now getting a little anxious thinking about it, especially since it was only a day away now.

Kuroo quickly shook his head. "No way, that's your day I would never do that. Besides I already have plans with my dad on Saturday. I just think it's funny that you and Bokuto are gonna be hanging out. I can totally picture you two getting into all kinds of trouble." he said wiggling his eyebrows at you.

That made you laugh. You weren't too much of a trouble maker so you wondered how much of an influence Kuroo thought this guy could have on you.

"Oh by the way, my dad wants you to come over on Sunday. We've got a new construction project and I refused to do it without you." he said.

You smiled at that. Working on projects with Kuroo and his dad was possibly your favourite thing in the world. "I'd love to." you replied.

"You are not taking charge this time though. That did not work last time." you added quickly with a laugh at the memory of your last project when Kuroo's dad had let Kuroo lead.

Kuroo instantly began to chuckle. You almost laughed just from his laugh alone, you loved that laugh so much.

"What do you mean? You didn't enjoy having to take it apart and retry three times?" he asked between laughs.

You rolled your eyes at him and shook your head with a grin. At that point the bell indicating the start of class went off.

"Oh crap, I gotta go!" Kuroo exclaimed before bolting down the hallway towards the third year hallway.

"He does this almost everyday, you would think he would start keeping better track of time." Kenma said from beside you, watching Kuroo dodge other students as he ran through the hallway.