Chapter Twenty-Two

As you followed Bokuto out your front door you couldn't help but look down at his hand holding tightly to yours. Was it normal to so casually hold his hand? Whether it was normal or not you really couldn't complain because you liked it a lot more than you expected. His hands were warm and comfortable.

You had no idea where the boy was taking you but what you did know was that wherever you ended up was going to make this shitty day just a little bit less shitty.

"Where are we going Bokuto?" you asked after he had led you quite a bit down the street. You didn't mind walking along with him and you liked the feeling of his hand in yours but it would be nice to prepare yourself a little for what he had planned.

"We have to stop by my house quickly to get something. I know you said you weren't aloud over but I literally just need to grab something fast." he explained. "Is that okay?" he then asked, looking over at you with wide eyes.

You nodded. "It's fine." you replied. At this point you really didn't care about your parents rules, they weren't even home to know where you were.

Bokuto gave you a soft smile. As you walked the boy looked like he wanted to say something but couldn't figure out what he should be saying. It was the first time you had seen him so quiet and it was more than a little strange. It wasn't a bad silence though, walking beside Bokuto without saying anything was actually kind of nice. Plus the fresh air was doing wonders to make you feel a little better than you had been feeling.

It was a bit of a train ride, a little farther than Akaashi's house before you made it to Bokuto's neighbourhood. When he stopped in front of his house you had to stare at it for a moment. Saying it was big was a bit of an understatement. You had never thought of the boy as being wealthy just by the way he acted but now it was clear that he was definitely well off.

"Do you wanna step inside for a minute?" Bokuto offered.

"No I'm alright just waiting for you out here." you replied. You were very curious to see what the inside of his house looked like but you couldn't bring yourself to find a way to disappoint your parents - even though they wouldn't find out.

"Alright, I'll be right back!" he said before running up the driveway. It wasn't until you felt the air against your slightly sweaty palm that you realized you had never let go of the boys hand. You were a little embarrassed that you hadn't let go of his hand but to be fair he never let go of yours either.

You waited on his driveway without a clue what the boy might return with. After several minutes the door to his house finally opened again. Bokuto came out onto the step along with a girl who was pretty tall and shared his hair colour and a few other features. She looked old enough to be in college already but not old enough to be his mother.

She was holding a keychain with several different keys attached. She clicked a few buttons on it until a garage door started opening on its own. She then explained something that seemed to be important to Bokuto before handing him the keys.

The girl looked over at you with a huge smile that looked almost identical to Bokuto's, she waved obnoxiously and waited for you to wave back before also waving to Bokuto and heading back into the house.

"So on a scale of one to ten, how much do you trust me?" Bokuto asked as he approached you.

"Would you be offended if I only gave you an eight?" you asked with a grin.

Bokuto's eyebrows raised in amusement at your answer. "I was honestly expecting it to be lower after us breaking into that ride the very first time we hung out together." he admitted. You let out a slight chuckle at that.