Chapter Two

Kuroo smiled when he saw you on the court. You managed to attend as many of their practices as you could simply because you liked walking home with Kuroo and Kenma much better than your older brother but it still wasn't a guarantee that you would be at the practices so he always looked happy when you did show up.

"Wasn't expecting to see you here today y/n. I thought you usually have art club on Wednesday's." Kuroo said as he approached you. You smiled at the sight of his goofy looking hair, he slept with his pillow squished on either side of his head which resulted in the most epic bedhead. But for some reason the stupid hairstyle only made him look that much better, when you were in middle school you had developed a bit of a crush on the boy and you had to admit that sometimes you weren't entirely sure it had fully gone away.

"Not today. There was an announcement earlier this week that it was moved till tomorrow because there is some guest speaker coming to it or something." you explained. 

You hadn't been sure what kind of guest speaker would be showing up to an art club, usually you guys were given the freedom to work on whatever projects you wanted to. You had recently gotten into pottery so that was what you had been working on during your art club meetings for the past few days. 

"That sounds interesting. I guess it works out for us too since we get you today. I have no idea what is going on with this practice set up." Kuroo responded as he glanced around at the unusual set up in the gym.

"Coach Nekomata said it was some new drills. I'm gonna help out and Kayo will too once she stops fawning over her boyfriend." you said. 

Kuroo laughed at that, it was his stupid laugh that you loved so much.

"With the way those two act when they are separated it's hard to believe how crazy they drive each other in person!" he said with a loud chuckle.

"I don't get it at all." Kenma stated quietly. You hadn't even realized he had crept up beside you and quickly looked over at him at the sound of his voice. Unlike Kuroo, Kenma did not look enthusiastic at all about the change from their normal routine.

Kuroo shrugged. "They are young and in love~" he said in a joking tone.

You laughed and rolled your eyes at him. "And you are so much older than them." you said. Sometimes Kuroo spoke like he was an old man even though he was only a year older.

"Older and wiser." Kuroo corrected you. Kenma sighed heavily at Kuroo's comment as if it was exhausting for him to listen to Kuroo's boasting. You just shook your head at the boy.

"I'm going to go see how I can help." you said before leaving the two. 

Sometimes it was hard to believe that Kuroo and Kenma were such close friends being so different from one another. But it was really what made them so close. It was easier to get along with people different from yourself, they help bring out a different side of you than anyone else - that's what you found at least. 

You loved hanging out with Kuroo and Kenma together, but you found that both boys could bring out a completely different and unique side to you when you hung out with them separately.

As you made it over to Coach Nekomata you could hear Kayo running up behind you to join you. "Sorry about that." she said as she moved to walk with you, breathing a little heavier from the sudden movement.

"Don't worry about it." you said dismissively. Truthfully Kayo was actually a very respectful friend, if there was something the two of you were doing or you two were alone she never even touched her phone. You didn't mind if she wanted to catch up with Akaashi while you were walking with Kenma.