Chapter Ten

When you and Kayo returned back outside, Yaku was still seated in the same spot where you had left him, now scrolling through his phone.

"You're driving Mori, I want to sit with y/n." Kayo said as she opened the drivers door and tossed the keys in at him. He was completely caught off guard by her sudden throw and the keys just hit his chest and fell onto his lap.

"Alright." Yaku agreed as he shoved his phone into his pocket and got out of the car to move around to the drivers seat. From what you had seen Yaku was one of the most easy going people out there, except maybe when he was interacting with Kuroo. Then again you didn't actually know too much about him.

You climbed into the back seat, quickly followed by Kayo jumping in beside you. Yaku started up the car and headed in the direction of their house. You couldn't remember ever being in the car while Yaku drove but his driving was very similar to Kayo's. You figured that must be due to them having the same person teaching them how to drive.

"Do you think we should make a lunch for tomorrow or buy one? I'm like ninety percent sure Bokuto will be buying and Akaashi is like a fifty-fifty if he does." Kayo said.

"I'm okay with either." you said with a slight shrug.

"Let's buy, I've heard the food there is really good!" she decided. You nodded in agreement since you were leaning towards that option as well.

"Girl, did you see Ari's post. She is totally gorgeous in it." Kayo said changing the subject as she scrolled through her instagram until she found the post to show you. Ari was a year older but you both knew her because she was in your art club. Kayo wasn't wrong, she was probably the most beautiful girl in the school. She was also cool beyond belief yet still very sweet.

The both of you continued to scroll through Kayo's feed.

"You two went quiet fast." Yaku stated after a few minutes.

"We are stalking people from school." Kayo answered. You couldn't help but smile at the look Yaku gave his sister through the rearview mirror.

"You know, one of you could have sat in the front seat. I feel like a cab driver chauffeuring you both around." Yaku added.

You giggled a bit at his comment because you hadn't even thought about that. For just a second Yaku caught your eye in the mirror, he had an almost shy smile. He probably wasn't making a joke yet it had made you laugh anyway.

Soon after that Yaku pulled into the driveway of their house.

You followed the two of them inside and were almost immediately met with one of their cats already at the door. She was rubbing her head against Yaku's leg and meowing. Kayo had told you before that she was practically her brothers cat only because she was literally obsessed with him. Yaku reached down to pet her and she immediately started purring loudly.

You followed Kayo into the kitchen where one of her moms was reading a book at the table. You could hear her other mom moving around upstairs.

When her mom looked up and saw the two of you she smiled. "It's nice to see you y/n." she said, she then turned to her daughter. "How was your day Kayo? Morisuke home?"

Kayo nodded. "It was good. And yeah he is in the front hall, we were all going to watch some tv." Kayo answered.

Her mother nodded. "Alright have fun. Are you staying the night y/n?" she asked. You nodded to her question. "Great! We'll order some pizza later." she said.

"Thank you that sounds great!" you replied.

"Okay I'm heading upstairs for a bit. Call if you guys need anything." Kayo's mom said as she quickly leaned over to plant a small kiss on her daughter's forehead. You couldn't remember your parents ever showing you that kind of affection, they weren't physical touch type people.