Chapter Fifteen

The next morning you immediately went over to Kenma's house to meet up with him and Kuroo for your walk to school. You didn't see Isamu or your parents before you left, but you usually only saw Isamu in the mornings anyway.

"Good morning y/n! Sleep well?" Kuroo asked as he let you into Kenma's house. His cheerfulness in the mornings never failed to piss you off. It wasn't that you hated the mornings, you just hated the need to be happy right after you woke up.

"I slept fine." you answered simply. Kuroo grinned, he always knew when you were in a bad mood and for some reason found it amusing.

Kenma took a little longer to get ready than he did most days. Kuroo was smart enough not to pick on you too much while it was morning.

"Do you have art club today?" Kuroo asked while you two waited.

You nodded. "Yeah we are finding out who is going to the big art gallery today." you answered. You perked up a bit at the thought, you had almost completely forgotten that it was today. While you were trying your best not to get your hopes too high, you couldn't deny that you were excited.

"That's exciting! I really hope you get it, you totally deserve it." Kuroo said, you smiled in response. "We have volleyball practice so we can meet up and walk home together after our clubs." he added.

"Sounds good." you replied, you were more than happy to be able to take the train with them after school instead of alone.

Kenma then slowly made his way down the stairs looking more exhausted than usual. The three of you made your way to the train station, Kuroo walking in the middle to attempt to keep the conversation flowing.

On the train you guys were able to find two empty seats together so Kuroo gladly stood while you and Kenma took a seat. Like usual Kuroo was distracted taking in the scene of all the busy people around you.

"How was the fair on Saturday?" Kenma asked you. He surprisingly didn't have any sort of device out.

You smiled at the question. "It was really great! I got to go on all the big rides with Bokuto." you explained. To be honest the day had been on the back of your mind since it had happened. You had never expected to have so much fun with the loud extrovert.

"Makes sense that Bokuto likes those types of rides. You couldn't ever catch me on one of those." Kenma stated. You giggled a little at the thought of Kenma going on one of the giant roller coasters.

"Never?" you questioned bumping your shoulder into his gently.

Kenma smiled softly, quickly averting his attention away from you and to something on the train floor. That was one thing you had always noticed about Kenma, every time you made him smile he always forced himself to look away from you. You weren't sure if it was due to embarrassment or something else, but you personally thought he had a wonderful smile.

At that point you noticed that the two of you had caught Kuroo's attention. He was staring at the two of you almost completely zoned out.

"Ready to go?" you asked him as the train was slowing to your stop.

Kuroo quickly nodded as he snapped out of his little daze. Kenma also got up from where he had been sitting and the two of you followed Kuroo off the train.

You and Kenma parted ways with Kuroo and headed to the second year hallway. Shortly after the two of you sat down at your desks Kayo entered the classroom.

"Y/n, I need your phone." Kayo said as she took her seat beside you.

You handed it to her without any question. She already knew the password and there wasn't anything on your phone that you were worried about your best friend seeing. She started typing on your screen while Kenma curiously looked over her shoulder at what she was doing.