Chapter Twelve

You and Bokuto went on the ride about another three times. It was so exhilarating. After the third time though you were starting to think that the two of you may have overdone it a little.

"Should we call it a day for that ride?" you asked Bokuto as the two of you were leaving the ride.

"I guess so." Bokuto said, although by the sound of his voice you would have guessed that he would have been happy going on the ride at least another four times.

"I'll text Kayo and see where her and Akaashi are." you said as you searched through your bag for your phone. Then it hit you. You had slipped it into your pocket out of habit. But it wasn't there anymore.

"Shit. Please don't call me stupid but I accidentally put my phone in my pocket. I think I lost it on the ride." you said in a small panic. Your parents would never let you come out with Kayo again if you lost or ruined your phone.

You really didn't want Bokuto to think you were careless and dumb but that was exactly how you felt right now.

"Don't worry. We can still find it! Let's go back on the ride and watch the ground for where it might have fallen." Bokuto suggested. He seemed completely calm given the situation and that alone helped you stay calm.

You were so thankful that he didn't call you out for being stupid for forgetting it was in your pocket. The last thing you needed was to feel like more of an idiot than you already did.

"Okay let's do that." you agreed.

You were doing your best not to panic but you could only imagine what your parents would have to say about you being so careless. Just the thought alone was making it hard not to start crying. But Bokuto seemed very confident that the two of you would find it.

"Don't worry. Not to brag but I was extremely good at eye spy when I was a kid. I'll find it." Bokuto said. You tried your best to laugh, and normally you would laugh at that. But you couldn't. You could already hear your parents voices 'why can't you be more like Isamu? He has had a phone for longer than you and yet managed to keep it safe.'

"Come on, it'll be okay." Bokuto said, gently sliding his hand into yours to pull you towards the line. You snapped out of your daze and tried your best to stay positive like how Bokuto was.

The wait for the ride felt longer than it ever had. Eventually you both were seated on the ride. You spent the entire roller coaster with your eyes glued to the ground in search of your phone.

Bokuto was suddenly tapping on your arm excitedly. "That's it over there right!? On the roof of that shed thing." he asked as he pointed a little bit farther away, there was only a small part of the coaster that was over the shed but he was right, your phone was there.

You nodded quickly. "That's it!" you replied happily. Maybe your parents never had to even know about this.

When you two got off of the ride you raced out the exit. You found a worker who was walking around. "Excuse me." Bokuto said quickly to catch his attention.

"How can I help you?" he asked, stopping to talk to the two of you.

"My friend dropped her phone on one of the rides. We know exactly where it is though." Bokuto explained quickly.

"Alright. Well you guys can go fill out a missing items report and if we find your phone you will hear back from us next weekend." he replied.

Bokuto scrunched his face in confusion for a moment. "We know exactly where it is. Could we wait until the rides are closed at the end of the day and show a worker where it is?" he asked.