Chapter Eighteen

You woke up the next morning exhausted. Even though Kenma had helped you feeling a little better from how you had been, you still had a hard time falling asleep and even after you eventually did it was still one of those nights where you tossed around all night and hardly slept.

Kenma had let you know last night that him and Kuroo had a morning practice today which only made you feel crappy knowing that you had to catch the train alone. You hated needing to take the train alone, sometimes it really sucked living in a big city.

You were quick to eat your breakfast and head out to catch the early train. Like usual this one wasn't busy and you easily found a spot alone. You quickly popped in headphones and listened to your music as the train went on. You hadn't realized but you forgot to charge your phone over night so you were sure that the charge wasn't going to last all day which was very unfortunate for you.

When you made it to Nekoma you went to wait for your class to open right outside the door. Kayo showed up a few minutes after you were already waiting.

"Hey girl, how are you feeling today?" she asked as she gently placed a hand on your back.

You looked over at her and gave her a small smile. "Honestly a lot better than I was yesterday. I think I just needed time to process the news." you answered.

You weren't lying either. You were still disappointed but you had accepted that these things happen, you weren't going to get every opportunity out there but it didn't mean there wouldn't be other opportunities in your future - maybe even better ones.

"I'm glad you're doing okay. I was really worried about you yesterday." Kayo admitted.

"It's all good, I'm doing fine." you said. You didn't want to worry her.

Kayo smiled and nodded. At that point Kenma made his way over to the two of you.

"What happened to you? You look exhausted!" Kayo exclaimed when she noticed Kenma. There was visible sweat still on him and his body was slumped over a little.

"That practice was really hard and we have a new team member who is driving me crazy." Kenma answered, sounding more than a little annoyed.

"New team member?" you asked curiously.

Kenma nodded. "Yeah he is some first year, his name is Lev. He's really tall but knows nothing about volleyball." he explained.

"Well he's probably having a hard time dealing with you too Kenma." Kayo teased. Kenma gave her an annoyed look, clearly not in the mood to be picked on. "Okay, but at least you can rest now." Kayo said as she placed a hand on Kenma's shoulder.

"Not really. We have a practice match after school in Miyagi. Against Karasuno." he said.

"Karasuno? I don't remember them, have they come here before?" you asked. You had seen a lot of their practice matches when they played at Nekoma but you never traveled to watch a practice match. The only time you watched the boys outside of the Nekoma gym was whenever they played in the qualifier tournament for Nationals.

"We haven't played them before. But apparently our school and theirs used to have some big rivalry going on. I'm not really looking forward to going to some other city to play but at least Lev isn't going, he's been annoying me all morning." Kenma explained.

You couldn't help but laugh a little at Kenma's rant. Kenma could get so worked up over little things so easily when he was frustrated or annoyed.

"What time do you guys leave?" you asked. Unfortunately this meant that you would just have to take the train alone again.

"We are leaving at lunch and won't be back until late." Kenma answered.

"Oh crap lunch? I'm gonna run and quickly give the car keys to Mori. I don't want him commuting home alone that late at night." Kayo said before quickly taking off down the hallway.